Front & Rear Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Racks - Recs - YotaTech Forums

Camping, Expedition, & Overlanding Gear Discussion pertaining to outfitting yourself with gear for the great outdoors

Front & Rear Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Racks - Recs

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2018, 05:59 AM   #1  

Front & Rear Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Racks - Recs

Hi all, looking for recs on going this option instead of going with ramps & loading 2 smaller cruisers (under 500lbs each) in the bed.

I have a 2003 Taco TRD 3.4L 4x4 with extended cab and 2" lift. I just swapped out the 285/70s (basically 33") back to factory 265/70 to shed an inch of bed/frame height and near deafening noise on the road.

I'm looking at the Black Widow hitch mounted racks.... https://www.discountramps.com/black-...ier/p/MCC-500/

Looks to be a wash on costs (either option), but ease of loading/unloading favors the front/rear option. Likely only doing this 2 cruiser setup for 1 <2 week trip this summer, maybe 2k miles on my Taco (95% paved roads), as my GF comes over from Europe and we're both new riders, so self-supporting day trips on the cruisers. Bed loading 2 cruisers just looks like a "hold my beer" moment waiting to happen!

Even weighting this option seems better, I'm just not sold on the single point 2" receiver for a motorcycle yet (never tried, only seen).

Thoughts, links to other threads, suggestions appreciated.
HansWorldTravels is offline   Reply With Quote