Camping, Expedition, & Overlanding Gear Discussion pertaining to outfitting yourself with gear for the great outdoors

Dual hanging baskets for ARB/Engel fridges

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Dual hanging baskets for ARB/Engel fridges

This is dubbed as the "TwoZone Suspended Basket Set" for the Two Zone add-on for ARB/Engel fridges, but from what I have read itr will also fit the compartment of these fridges.

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...t_detail&p=368
Click on the photo link at the URL above to see how they both fit into a 42 qt fridge.

I am going to order these as it will organize the contents of the fridge a lot better than just stacking it in there.
On my vacation I had a weeks worth of grub and drink in the fridge, but I still had to move stuff around a lot to get to certain items.
With these baskets, your liquids can go on the bottom, and other stuff that might normally get squished can go above in the baskets.

Has anyone seen these before or used them with their fridges?

You do not have to have the TwoZone compartment in order to use these.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
I might have 2 get some of those too...let me know how they work out.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Will do Brian, I may order them tomorrow.

Did you do the hinge relocation yet like I did?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

TwoZone Basket Set For ARB Fridge 10-21-2008

They just came
I will be posting this same info in my build thread too.

I am like a kid on Christmas morning.
As soon as UPS dropped off my package from Expedition Exchange, I tore into it and got out the camera.

First off I really dig my ARB fridge/freezer.
No ice to mess with, low battery draw, and you can pack enough food for a week or more into it.

When I took my vacation to Mt. Rainier in August of 2008 I ate really good
Problem is you still have to move around a lot of the grub as it is just one big deep carnivorous well that swallows whatever you can throw at it.

One problem I solved keeping the lid open on the fridge by itself, and not having the lid hit the roof of the FJ was solved in a prior post in my buildup thread.
So once again the fridge is undergoing another mod, it is being transformed into a basket case...

I saw a thread on Expedition Portal that led me to the TwoZone Basket Set sold by Sierra Expeditions.
They are two different sized baskets that hook onto the stock basket in an ARB or Engel 42 qt fridge.
Here is a little info from Sierra's website:
The TwoZone Suspended Basket Set is compatible with most ARB, Engel, Norcold, and Waeco fridge/freezers.

The larger basket measures 11.5" from suspension tab to tab, and the basket is 10.4 wide, 9.5" long and 4" deep.

The smaller basket measures 11.5" from suspension tab to tab, and the basket is 10.4 wide, 5" long and 4" deep.
This will allow you to pack your vegetables and fruits on top without the worry of them getting bruised and turned into mush by heavier items that may bump up against them.

You can also load up a basket with your snacks, eggs, dip, whatever you do not want buried.
Below the two baskets you still have room to store stuff you might want to keep a little colder such as meats, frozen burritos, milk, orange juice, whatever beverages you are into

So if you are looking for a great solution to keeping your trail/overlanding grub well organized, look no further, these baskets are a great addition to your fridge.

Here are a few pictures showing the size on my laptop for comparison, and some out in the fridge loaded up.
You can easily access the food below by taking out one basket.

TwoZone Basket Set sold by Sierra Expeditions