All Other Toyota Swaps I4, I6, Lexus V8

totaled t

Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow totaled t

hey guys, well off to a horrible start to my week. I totaled my truck and rolled it 3 times. heres a picture

needless to say i walked away without a scratch thanks to my seatbelt and gardian angel.

but i plan on fixxing this truck because this is my pride and joy. I found a donor t100 for 700 bucks. Its a 95 with 80xxx miles with a 3.4 automatic transmission, its a standard cab with an 8ft bed which i thought was pretty rare cause it came factory with the 3.4 and usually those motors only come factory with the extended cabs, or so i thought.

my truck is a 94 t100 5 speed tranny standard cab 8ft bed with the 3.slow. I plan on using my rolling chasis and the donor's engine, cab, and bed. Now i looked at my frame and its striaght as an arrow. now my only problem i see is i wanna keep my 5 speed from my 3.0 and put it with the 3.4.

any info would be appritiated

thanks, colton
Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
DAMN G!!!!!

WTH happened? If you don't mind me askin'.

Were you wheelin', or was this on the street?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thats very sad to see i loved your SAS T100!!!!

good to year your alright and bringing you truck back to life!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by MudHippy
DAMN G!!!!!

WTH happened? If you don't mind me askin'.

Were you wheelin', or was this on the street?
a car hit me and my tie rod snapped my wheels went opposite ways and i flipped
Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by t-1hundred
a car hit me and my tie rod snapped my wheels went opposite ways and i flipped
Oh, that sounds fun!

Was the idiot drunk, or just your average idiot driver? Or was it your fault? Or maybe nobody's fault?

I got smacked by a car like that about a year and a half ago. Stupid moron ran straight into my rear tire(35")on the passenger's side after he failed to yield to the stop sign. Knocked my truck up onto the two driver's side wheels, and I got to go for a 50 yard "Dukes of Hazard" style two-wheeled joy ride. By the time I got 'er stopped and down on all four tires, the jackass was driving away. Left his front bumper, and license plate still attatched, laying in the middle of the road there too. But being's how I wasn't hurt, and the truck wasn't too banged up either, I let him go on his way without notifying the authorities. I figured he had enough to deal with when he got home and had to answer for the missing bumper. The only thing it did to my truck was bent the rear leaf spring shackles. Took me about an hour or so to remove 'em, bang 'em straight again, and put 'em back on.

Still got that sucker's license plate if anybody doubts the validity of the tale.

Made for a damn nice war story too. People generally(not "General Lee", so no pun intended there)get a kick out of hearin' it.

Last edited by MudHippy; 11-16-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM

t-1Hunnert- Body swap! With a 3.4 conversion thrown in, it should make it pretty easy, actually. Just keep the wiring harness IN the donor truck, do the body swap and mount up the 3.4... assuming a 3.4 will mount up to a 3.0 tranny. That is out of my league, but someone on here will be able to chime in and get it figured out.

The other thing to think about is registration. In California, at least, the registration is primarily determined by the cab vin (the one by the windshield). Make sure you get some reg papers with the donor so you can get it clean with the DMV!

Sorry for your loss. Walking away from accidents is a good thing! I look forward to the swap / build thread.

Actually... I haven't seen many flatbed T-100s....
Old 11-16-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mountain Cop
...assuming a 3.4 will mount up to a 3.0 tranny. That is out of my league, but someone on here will be able to chime in and get it figured out.
Sure will. It's the same tranny if it's a manual. R150F. Not too mention they're both the same engine block. A 5VZ-FE is just bored out to 3.4L.

Last edited by MudHippy; 12-24-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:54 PM

Sweet!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Ouch! Glad to hear you came out of it ok.
Looking forward to seeing the rebuild
Old 11-17-2010, 04:31 PM

ok great! but dont i need the new ecu because the 3.4 came with a automatic tranny
Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 AM

That, I do not know. With the older trucks (22re, etc), I believe the ECU was engine-only. I don't know if that is the case with later models. I would be interested as well in whether that ECU was controlling anything from the tranny, or just taking readings from it.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its just your basic 3.4 swap, check the link:
http://www.andrewzook.com/content/view/22/48/
Old 11-22-2010, 05:15 PM

heres the donor truck

ok guys as im getting closer and closer to swapping everything over i have a whole bunch of useless wires that are gonna be useless to me since im swapping the a/t to m/t....how am i gonna go about doing this i am clueless right now and just need this thing back on the road

thanks, colton
Old 11-22-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by t-1hundred
ok guys as im getting closer and closer to swapping everything over i have a whole bunch of useless wires that are gonna be useless to me since im swapping the a/t to m/t....how am i gonna go about doing this i am clueless right now and just need this thing back on the road

thanks, colton
You could get a 3VZ-E to 5VZ-FE conversion wiring harness made.

I just found out about a place that can make you one the other day.

http://www.toyonlyswaps.com/Page_4.html

You might want one of their 3.4 conversion crossover pipes too.

On the ECU issue, you might be able to find one from a 5VZ-FE that had a manual for cheap from a junkyard.

I'd try Car-Part.com for that. I just looked on there for one near me(Portland, OR)and there was 4 listed, for $150, $175, $350 and one that says call for price quote. You might have some luck finding a wiring harness on there too, but I couldn't.

Oh, I see that ToyOnlySwaps has misc. 5VZ-FE parts too. Maybe they've got everything you'll need all in one place?

Last edited by MudHippy; 11-22-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by MudHippy
You could get a 3VZ-E to 5VZ-FE conversion wiring harness made.

I just found out about a place that can make you one the other day.

http://www.toyonlyswaps.com/Page_4.html

You might want one of their 3.4 conversion crossover pipes too.

On the ECU issue, you might be able to find one from a 5VZ-FE that had a manual for cheap from a junkyard.

I'd try Car-Part.com for that. I just looked on there for one near me(Portland, OR)and there was 4 listed, for $150, $175, $350 and one that says call for price quote. You might have some luck finding a wiring harness on there too, but I couldn't.

Oh, I see that ToyOnlySwaps has misc. 5VZ-FE parts too. Maybe they've got everything you'll need all in one place?
wow thats a real handy site to know...ill see if i can give them a call and see if they can help out but my thing is i dont need the whole wiring harness cause the same cab is gonna be with the motor so im good on that part i just need something to convert my a/t wire into m/t wires.....or at least trick the computer into thinking im in neutral all the time???? idk but i am gonna tell you right now I CAN CARELESS IF I HAVE A CEL ON. just so things are clear lol

Last edited by t-1hundred; 11-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 PM

this just in!!! i got some info from wii_tarded and the wires for the a/t i just let em hang but i have to find one of the wires that has the back up light and im good...now the only thing this will do is put on my cel and you will have 3 codes i was told
Old 11-22-2010, 07:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
So sorry about the carnage, but SWEET on the swapable find! Best wishes on it all, sounds like you'll have it in no time!

Mark
Old 11-27-2010, 03:11 PM

Smile

i finally got the body on the frame....pretty stoked right now

I have to say the t looks pretty good in white
Old 12-03-2010, 10:22 AM

can someone tell me where the hell is the neutral saftey switch on a 95 3.4 auto???? tryed searching but no luck

thank you, colton
Old 12-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
wow you sure have done alot in little time! im glad to see this thing one step closer to getting back on the road! i think the neutral start safety switch should be located on the passenger side of the transmission

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: totaled t