All Other Toyota Swaps I4, I6, Lexus V8

The 95 4runner 1UZ swap project begins

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
god that is the part that i'm afraid of, i really have a hard time reading those diagrams as i have no electrical background.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by yotasavg
god that is the part that i'm afraid of, i really have a hard time reading those diagrams as i have no electrical background.
no background or training here either, other than wiring in a few stereos and a few n02 systems(with instructions), I am a total wiretard. You just have to sit down and cut the casing apart, use masking tape to bundle the systems up while you trace one plug at a time and tag them. What I found is a few systems have a common wire that you can cut to help pull apart the loom into more tidy sections without cutting too much. In this 90LS400 loom, the brown wires mostly all connect to ground and black/orange mostly all connect to all the injectors-ignitors-coils, so cutting a few of those helps as well. now I begin the task of fig'n out what to strip out and harder..where it ties into the truck.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:59 PM

A buddy that owns a auto srvc center printed me off a few of the wire diagrams that were missing...studied those for a few hrs and tagged the rest of the wires I need and don't need. Going to the shop to weld up the motor mounts tomorrow and fig out my own version of the "Frankenpan"..or whatever I decide works best to get the motor down and back enough to close the hood and get som fans on the rad. Also thinking about selling the tundra log manifolds and building a set of stainless headers for it instead. They just seem like they would hold back alot of hp.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Singtoe
How much do want for the tundra manifolds?
not sure..have to find the papers to c what I paid for them.

fitted the motor again and fabbed and tacked the motor mounts and t/c mount up. post the pics in a few
Old 12-12-2011, 05:53 AM

Last edited by maniacmotorsports; 12-12-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:15 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
looks good bro .. i still need to find those housings .. i cant find any anywhere.. may have to go inchworm adapter..
Old 12-19-2011, 07:36 AM

you must not have got ur last msg..I found one. not sure if they ship..pm, mail or ring me and I will help get it to ya any way I can.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:40 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
pm sent
Old 12-24-2011, 07:49 AM

Had to re work the tundra headers for now, used a stub port from the Lexus and also cut the EGR tube off the pass side.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:20 AM

been chip'n away at it, got my own version of a frankenpan built from a stock steel front sump pan, flange cut off and new , forward shifted pan fabbed to clear the steering parts. pic soon
Old 02-09-2012, 08:38 AM

Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM

Good to see this thing coming along! I'm hoping to be playing this game within the next year finally! Just gotta graduate in may and land a career... so tired of college and not having a garage
Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 AM

Real excited now, things have been such chaos and sooo friggin cold in the shop but spring weather has been coming around and just pulled together the parts budget to get back on it. Going to get the rad and have it re worked tom..get fans and all the seals in it and maybe pick up another motor. Once I have the motor it is ready now for its final fit, then all little crap from there..exhaust, wiring and cooling....vroom
Old 07-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subbed
Old 07-31-2012, 03:16 PM

ok, things have been REALLY rough with raising my special needs son but have gotten small windows to get the motor in with the oil pan, I messed up bad and forgot to put 2 bolts in to the bell housing, and now has to come back apart. I am now gonna send it to my buds auto shop for that fix and a few front end parts it needs, then all I need to do is cut n weld drive shafts-stainless exhaust-radiator-shifter-wire harness-..pics to come..
Old 12-10-2013, 03:54 PM

after many, many, many challenges with this project..it is done..well..except for the wiring. I compiled all the info I could find in the several hundred hrs of research on a dozens sites and forums about this wiring and I just cant get it. I have tried to combine the two systems together the best way I thought according to the 2 schematics but stuff goes haywire and no starter. not at all sure what was hooked wrong as my understanding of 12v circuits is very limited.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Last edited by maniacmotorsports; 12-14-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much are you saving by making your own wiring harness?
Old 12-14-2013, 01:31 PM

Was making my own harness but my lack of knowledge of circuitry left me confused on what to strip out of the harness and what to leave..now I am even more confused on how to mesh the extra COR relays for ign, all of it just has me frustrated as hell...tired of spending hundreds of hrs hunting and weeding thru useless info for nothing. 3 yrs, $12k and a thousand hours in fab work and it is dead in the water from a few Frick'n wires...
Old 12-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by maniacmotorsports
Was making my own harness but my lack of knowledge of circuitry left me confused on what to strip out of the harness and what to leave..now I am even more confused on how to mesh the extra COR relays for ign, all of it just has me frustrated as hell...tired of spending hundreds of hrs hunting and weeding thru useless info for nothing. 3 yrs, $12k and a thousand hours in fab work and it is dead in the water from a few Frick'n wires...
mobile site wont let me load pics either..PC keeps logging me out..smh...

Quick Reply: The 95 4runner 1UZ swap project begins