3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

Toy Only Swap plug and play

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Toy Only Swap plug and play

Is there anyone on here who has purchased the Plug and Play from toy only swaps here in Oregon? If so Id love to hear your opinions on the kit, is the kit worth the 4500 asking price for a motor with 100-130 k miles?

Thanks for the responses
Matt
Old 08-20-2017, 05:48 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
a friend of mine tried their harness, he had to fix a lot of it
Old 11-23-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Backcountry8908
Is there anyone on here who has purchased the Plug and Play from toy only swaps here in Oregon? If so Id love to hear your opinions on the kit, is the kit worth the 4500 asking price for a motor with 100-130 k miles?

Thanks for the responses
Matt
I used it. They sent it to me the first time and the truck didnt run at all. And some plugs where missing. It was simple error as they shipped the harness off another dude to me and they where doing wiring for 30 other 3.4 swaps at the time( a few months back) and they sent me back my harness and it was all shiny and new wiring and heat redundant stuff. All plugged up and worked perfect. My dd a year later no probs
Old 11-23-2017, 09:17 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Should be pretty good and 4500 isn't a bad price for a turn key engine, all the parts to swap it, and all the hard work done for you. It depends on if you want to spend that kind of money. Keep in mind a plug and play harness may not be completely plug and play. I haven't seen too many form Toyonly but I've seen a lot of threads regarding the ORS and it seems like almost half of them need modifications to work correctly. If your on a budget and have the time it's possible to wait out on finding good deals on parts.

To give you an idea, I'm in the process of preparing for my 3.4 swap. Found an excellent condition 98 with harness, ecu, and all accessories for 420 out the door. Shopped around online and got a bunch of new OEM parts to freshen it up and replace wear components while they're easily accessible. I made my own crossover pipe and made my own adapter harness to plug the two harnesses together without modification to either. So far I'm sitting on about $800 spent. With a few other little things I'm hoping to it all happen right around $1k. That's really about the cheapest it can happen for with freshening up the engine. Only way to get it cheaper is to have somebody just give you a donor truck.

The best part about doing it all your self is the satisfaction. You learn so much about both engines and know all the ins and outs of your truck. You can sit back, look at your work and say "I made that".

If you don't have the time and/or want to do it your self and money isn't a concern then 4500 for the whole kit from Toyonly is definitely worth it I think. If you decide to do it yourself, there crossover is supposed to be available sometime this month for 250. Thats less than the cost of typical headers. Well worth it I think. Me being as cheap as I am I still decided on making my own.

Any who I am rambling and need to get some sleep.