3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

ORS or Toyonly swaps conversion harness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ORS or Toyonly swaps conversion harness?

Hey guy, I'm new to the forums and just bought a 95 Pickup with a seized 3.0 and am going to get a 3.4 this weekend. I have been doing my research and currently am looking into buying a conversion wiring harness to make my life easier. I mostly see ORS suggested on here but i was told the other day about toyonly swaps in Oregon. Their 3.0 to 3.4 harness is quite a bit cheaper than ORS. Has anyone looked at both of these or can give me any input on differences between the two?
Old 06-16-2017, 05:05 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Since I do my own wiring work all i can say is read as many threads as you can.

look to see which Vendor has the best Customer Service after the sale

Nothing more frustrating then electrical issues during or after your swap with no schematics of just how the conversion harness was built .

Then getting no response from who you bought it from.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What ^ said X2. It's much better to know exactly what was done. The wiring isn't really all that bad once you get into it
Old 07-28-2017, 11:10 AM

Not sure if you've made your decision yet, but I can vouch for ORS. My truck sat in the driveway for a year and a half waiting for me to be able to have the time to get the wiring done. This February I finally decided I was never going to get to it, so I ordered the conversion harness from ORS. Took about 6 weeks to come in with full instructions, was pretty much plug & play. Truck started the first time I tried it. Been running great ever since. Had a few minor issues with the MAF sensor I was using, since I used a newer air box, and Mike was great and helpful.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:19 AM

Just buy a fsm for your truck and an ewd for the 3.4 and do it yourself. This way you know what work went into it and you will have the best resources available for info instead of asking the internet what it thinks
Old 07-30-2017, 07:22 PM

Honestly, I was going to do my own wiring. I have all my wiring diagrams downloaded and will probably keep them. I just got frustrated not having the time to sit down and figure it all out. However, ib the process of ordering my conversion harness i discovered that my engine, trans, and ECU combo wasn't going to work together without a serious rewire of the engine harness I had, or replacing it with one to match the ECU. Also needed to match the throttle body. If I would have attempted to use what I had, the truck probably still would be sitting idle in the front yard, and I'd be hacking up the harness trying tho get it to run when it may never have. What I discovered is that depending on your combination, there may be more involved than you think. Not all years are easily compatible with each other. The boys at ORS helped in that regard and the swap wiring finally went easily. In the end I'm glad I paid for the expertise. And if I have a problem or a question, all I need to do is call or email for support.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:54 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
based on feedback I have had from people in the PNW about the toysonly harness about things being left out I would spend the extra and go with an ORS harness
Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my ORS harness worked perfectly, Mike was also helpful answering all my dumbass questions
Old 10-09-2017, 07:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im sure ORS is a good harness, but the cost and lead time are a lot to consider. Toyota wiring is actually very very simple. if you open the harnes up, trace the wiring, things will bake sense. I opened both harness' up and pretty much built a new harness from scratch. i used 90% 5VZ and had to use 10% from the 3.0
Old 01-02-2018, 07:59 AM

Ors is a very good company. Not sure about toyswap but I'm sure they are too. I used ORS and was very pleased with the quality of the harness. They took a lot of time to build it and labelled EVERYTHING and if you mess up somewhere like I did mike will help you. He sent me very detailed instructions just for my swap. That's just my input on it