3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

It had officially began, 3.0 auto to 3.4 manual in 92 ex-cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Wagon
This is a new favorite thread.

Thanks for the great write up! I'm reading and learning to get ready for mine.
Missed your compliment for a while there.

Thanks and be sure to post up your progress when you start yours!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a long read but a good read. Lots of good info. Working on my 3.4 swap now. I'm running a 97 auto 3.4 converted to manual plugs in my 1992 4runner. Trying to wrap my head around the body harness portion. Would you mind posting your chart or any advise for that part. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 PM

I don't even have a chart anymore.

My advice is to get a diagram for both vehicle and just start matching one function at a time. Go slow and double check everything.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.4 pilot bearing with 3.0 clutch?

Originally Posted by vital22re
you need the 3.4 pilot either way and 3.0 throwout either way. you got it mixed. Those 2 items dont change.
I read this and it brings me confusion as the pilot bearing for the 3.0 and 3.4 are the exact same item at the auto parts store. The throw out bearing is the only part that is different. Any thoughts?
Old 04-05-2021, 10:12 AM

I have been kind of outta the scene for a while now.

I actually am getting back into it and went to check out this thread because I had forgotten a lot of things.

Still have this truck and it is about to go through yet another complete transformation.

I had forgotten that all the pictures were lost by the hosting server but I luckily still have them all so I have spent the last few evenings reloading them.

It's crazy to go through all this that happened so long ago and see how so much has changed. It was pretty embarrassing to read some of things that I didn't know at the time or how many dumb mistakes I made!!

I especially noticed that things in the backgrounds of the photos. Tools lost, cars and motorcycles that I do not own anymore.

My wife's car, who is now gone from cancer, stuck out to me in a few shots. Her stuff on the floor in some shots.

Anyway, it's insane that there are over 134,000 views of this thread so it's my hope that many people were able to gain some help from all of this. I know I enjoyed the work and glad I that documented it. I am also grateful for all the help I received along the way from all the guys that posted in this thread as it was happening. No way I ever complete this without them.

I have ended up doing four of these swaps and all of them went well.

It seems that this forum is not nearly as active as it once was, and that is a shame, but I guess that is a Facebook/Instgram symptom.

Anyway, along with my 3.4 swap 101 thread, I hope that there are people still finding all this useful.

Last edited by dntsdad; 04-05-2021 at 11:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mosk (04-05-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 10:29 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by dntsdad
I have been kind of outta the scene for a while now.

I actually am getting back into it and went to check out this thread because I had forgotten a lot of things.

Still have this truck and it is about to go through yet another complete transformation.

I had forgotten that all the pictures were lost by the hosting server but I luckily still have them all so I have spent the last few evenings reloading them.

It's crazy to go through all this that happened so long ago and see how so much has changed. It was pretty embarrassing to read some of things that I didn't know at the time or how many dumb mistakes I made!!

I especially noticed that things in the backgrounds of the photos. Tools lost, cars and motorcycles that I do not own anymore.

My wife's car, who is now gone from cancer, stuck out to me in a few shots. Her stuff on the floor in some shots.

Anyway, it's insane that there are over 134,000 views of this thread so it's my hope that many people were able to gain some help from all of this. I know I enjoyed the work and glad I that documented it. I am also grateful for all the help I received along the way from all the guys that posted in this thread as it was happening. No way I ever complete this without them.

I have ended up doing four of these swaps and all of them went well.

It seems that this forum is not nearly as active as it once was, and that is a shame, but I guess that is a Facebook/Instgram symptom.

Anyway, along with my 3.4 swap 101 thread, I hope that there are people still finding all this useful.
Some of us are still around.

Now come up to Sacramento and do a 3.4 swap on my 88 4Runner.