3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

A340H fluid level on 3.4 swap not accurate after bending dipstick tube

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A340H fluid level on 3.4 swap not accurate after bending dipstick tube

As excited as I am about my swap going pretty much as planned, I'm having some trouble making sure I have the right amount of ATF fluid. I left the 340h in my '93 xtra cab, and ended up bending the trans dipstick tube some to clear the headers. It pretty much goes straight up and is right next to the heater coolant valve on the firewall. I didn't think it would change the amount the dipstick inserts in the tube, since it has a collar on it.

I took the trans out during the swap to put a shift kit, pump seals, etc.. on it so it was pretty dry when I refilled. I filled it using the dipstick and when I drove it there was fluid puking out the breather and probably other places. I went to the FSM and drained both AT & TXFR cases with the drain plug, then refilled to the spec capacity. Dipstick still bone dry. I added a qt. Dipstick still bone dry. Trans shifts great, temps stay around 150 deg F while driving, but I don't want to just guesstimate on the ATF level. Is there anyway to tell at what level of the trans the fluid is supposed to be?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics: