4Wheeling 101 Discussion pertaining to the proper use of your off road gear and recovery techniques

Out on the Dunes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out on the Dunes

Hey guys, hope im in the right spot. Took the gf to the dunes the other day and the beach too. Ive been to busy to give my yota a good washin, but its been raining alot. Anyone know how long I have to get the salt off the suspension before things get ugly?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
rain doesn't reach the underside, and if it doesn't wash all the salt off, it'll speed up the process. you're probably good for a week until things start to show rust. especially if you have bare metal exposed.

my two cents
Old 11-20-2015, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beachin' is fun! A while back I took my truck on the beach. It was one of the few beaches near Mendocino (California coast) that offered vehicle access. Every car, even many 4x4s were parked in the lot and didn't attempt the drive. The water was ¼ mile out. I dropped my tire pressure to about 8 psi and drove down the slight embankment and then right on top of the thick sand. It was awesome! Everyone else was having a heck of a time walking through that thick sand to get to the water. Thanks for letting me relive my memory... even if this is an ancient OLD thread. :-)