Solid Axle Swaps, All Years Anything SAS related

Shackle angle help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shackle angle help

Just finished the sas on my 87 4Runner.. and my shackle angle is absolute garbage. What are my options here.

frame tubes were mounted forward in body mount. Front Hanger is mounted flush with cross member.
TG frame tubes and hanger. Sky's boomerang shackles, all pro 4" springs (have not been broken in yet)

Not my daily driver so I'm in no worry and want things to be done right. Still have to get the chev 63's in the rear.

Was considering pulling a leaf from the all pro springs but not sure that will help much. I could also do RUF main leafs and make a spring pack with the rears and all pro fronts. But that's last resort. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
1st off you need to check the placement of your steering arms to make sure you aren't gonna have problems there

why did you go straight to the boomerang shackles?
your springs will settle somewhat and improve your shackle angle

luckily you only tacked the front hanger so you can still grind it off and move it if you have to

and in the future don't create multiple threads on the same subject. Deleting your other thread
Old 06-04-2017, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah no issues with steering. I installed the crossover steering today with no issues.

Because got the boomerang shackles for free.. I have the steel to make shackles but that shouldn't make a difference.