Solid Axle Swaps, All Years Anything SAS related

Mild lift with SAS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mild lift with SAS?

Hey YT,

I'm getting a hell of a good deal on a rebuilt '85 solid axle. I hadn't planned on doing an SAS so soon, but this thing practically fell into my lap. My garage is unheated and theres more snow on the way so I'm using this winter to get my research, planning and finances set for an early spring project.

So, starting off with my truck. I have a '93 pickup with a cobbled together 2.75" lift. It has 4Crawler BJ spacers in the front which went in too easily. My rear end are a pair of OME CS020R heavy duty lift springs that I removed the bottom two leaves from to let the ass end sit level with the front.

While working the bugs out of the vibrating driveline, I installed the diff drop kit in the front end and a driveshaft spacer right behind the transmission. TG U-bolt flip kit in the rear and whatnot.

======

I was stationed in Tennessee while doing all of my modifications. I am now out of the service and back home in good old RI- home of Nowhere to Off-Road and lame vehicle inspection laws.

I have this solid axle and I'm dying to put it in because frankly- A truck should have a solid front axle. No other way about it.

Getting to my point here: I want a solid front axle under my truck. I want to start getting geared up for this project, but 99% of the threads here on SAS related info seem to go hand in hand with rebuild kits that aim for a 4 or 5 inch lift.

I almost want to base my lift off of the original 1985 solid axle setup so I can keep my lift low and suited to my 33" tires and my "daily crawler" intent for my truck.

What nifty links, advice and $0.02 can the mighty YT community throw my way for some brain food until the spring?

Thanks guys.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm planning to do a low sas when funds allow.
Check out The Great White Shark Attack solid axle swap thread.