Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

[WA] Greenwater Fall Colors Run?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
[WA] Greenwater Fall Colors Run?!

its about that time of year again when the colors have started to change..... anyone down for a Fall Colors run to greenwater? last couple FC runs i've been on have been very easy wheelin (bad Forest Service roads at worst) but a lot of fun... how does OCt 11th sound?

*update* change of date to SUNDAY oct 11th. seems to be best for everyone.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
where? Ah man, my sons bday party is that day...
Old 10-03-2009, 12:06 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I am to be cut on Monday so will depend on how I feel by the 10th. Thanks for the parts Tofer.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Contributing Member

um, bump?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have a question I am new to the world of wheeling and was woundeing if I am able to make it would I need to have?... I just got my 4runner this past week so I really don't have anything yet... would i need to have like CB radio, tow strap or just anything that i should try and have? or would just showing up be ok?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:22 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by skwid-runner
have a question I am new to the world of wheeling and was woundeing if I am able to make it would I need to have?... I just got my 4runner this past week so I really don't have anything yet... would i need to have like CB radio, tow strap or just anything that i should try and have? or would just showing up be ok?
I wouldn't go out and spend like crazy for this, CB is good for commo but I wounldn't buy one for this. Tow straps are good to have but sounds a this is going to be a forrest road run so probably won't be a must. I'd put my tools in the back, make sure your spare is in good shape and has air in it. Bring some food and snacks. and water too. I blanket or two is always nice. Then do a little pretrip vehecle check fluid level and tire pressure.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing but oh well. Welcome.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Sponsor

so i guess when you create a event it doesnt subscribe you until you post a 2nd time... lol

I am open to suggestions but i was thinking doing it up in Greenwater area. FS70/72. i am also open to suggestions on date. we could do it saturday or sunday and what ever weekend works best for everyone.

as far as requirements, this is the definition of weenie wheelin... we'll mostly be running forest service roads and playing around in gravel pits.. still good idea to have a full spare (with air, my 89 doesnt have OBA... yet) and basic set of hand tools, and a CB if you have one. I dont know if i'll be able to get a CB installed in my truck before the week so i may be CB-less as well.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Sponsor

pics from 2 years ago:

Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by skwid-runner
Where on Whidbey Island??! Go to Oak Harbor and go to Better Off Road(BOR) and get yourself a tow strap(without hooks). Best thing to do is just show up or hook up with some guys on here and see what they have. I have stuff that I've collected over YEARS! Cb's are nice for running trails with, best thing is just get a small Cobra or Midland with a magnet mount antenna. Once you get a "handle" (get it, handle? LOL!!) on that you can mount it. There's TONS of info on here about cbs.

Originally Posted by muddpigg
I wouldn't go out and spend like crazy for this, CB is good for commo but I wounldn't buy one for this. Tow straps are good to have but sounds a this is going to be a forrest road run so probably won't be a must. I'd put my tools in the back, make sure your spare is in good shape and has air in it. Bring some food and snacks. and water too. I blanket or two is always nice. Then do a little pretrip vehecle check fluid level and tire pressure.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing but oh well. Welcome.
x2

Originally Posted by Tofer
so i guess when you create a event it doesnt subscribe you until you post a 2nd time... lol

I am open to suggestions but i was thinking doing it up in Greenwater area. FS70/72. i am also open to suggestions on date. we could do it saturday or sunday and what ever weekend works best for everyone.

as far as requirements, this is the definition of weenie wheelin... we'll mostly be running forest service roads and playing around in gravel pits.. still good idea to have a full spare (with air, my 89 doesnt have OBA... yet) and basic set of hand tools, and a CB if you have one. I dont know if i'll be able to get a CB installed in my truck before the week so i may be CB-less as well.
eh, my cb isn't working either. I do have some walkie talkies though!!!! I'm gonna look up on gooooooogle maps and I'll let you know. Sunday may be better for me!
Oh, and if the scenery is anything like last year this sounds like an awesome trip!!

Last edited by BigBluePile; 10-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Contributing Member

Is Greenwater a town?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Yes it is, about 30 minutes past Auburn where I live.

Chris, the 72 to 70 run is good, that is what we have done in the past.
Park right off of the entrance to 72 to air down, the drive up until you get to the plateau to take pics with Mt. Rainier in the background.

Then continue up and then downhill again down to the sandpit off of 70.

I would be up for this run, but it looks like my youngest son (23) and I are hitting Black Diamond to go mountain biking this Saturday.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Hmmm, looks like a three hour drive for me...
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

If you guys come up to the north end sometime I'm down. That's just too far for me (2 year old at home and a wife that's prego), lol.

Can't wait to wheel with the WA YT gang sometime. I've been here for over a year now and haven't met anyone in person yet.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Sponsor

what part of norther end?

OK lets set it for Sunday the 11th. anyone else down to go? again, this is a EASY wheelin trip that will be family friendly... good views, good times, good people. maybe to a bbq lunch somewhere along the way
Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
aw... my lady wont be back till the 14th... wanted to take her.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Sponsor

but can you make it....
Old 10-05-2009, 06:38 PM

my wifes bday on the 11th. but would like to plan for the next one about how far is it from madison alabama.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tofer
what part of norther end?
I'm basically in Mill Creek. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

bump!!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rimpainter.com
I'm basically in Mill Creek. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.
I'm with you brother. We need some events in the noth end!

Quick Reply: [WA] Greenwater Fall Colors Run?!