Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Seattle area folks

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle area folks

I am flying out to Seattle next Saturday (3/13) and will be there for a week. (out on the 21st). Thought it would be cool to get together with some fellow YT folks while I was there, either for some wheelin or just pizza and beer and BSing. I will probably have use of my friends Jeep or can ride along if people want to go do a trail somewhere close. Otherwise I thought we could just meet up in town somewhere for drinks and/or dinner, put names to faces, and swap over-exagerated stories about 4x4s. Best day to do a trail for me would probably be friday the 19th, but I know it's a work day for most so I'm open to suggestions. Let me know.

Greg aka MNBOY
Old 03-06-2004, 09:00 PM

Greg,
We'll have to get something going for when you're here.

As for taking a ride off-road, my best guess is that the weekend will be the best chance. I've got family coming in next weekend (for the baby shower), but the last weekend you're here just might work.

Is your friend in Seattle, or north/south/east/west...? I work downtown, might be fun to meet for lunch.

Jim
Old 03-07-2004, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

My buddy lives in Maple Valley, so I'll be staying there, but driving is no big deal. Around here it's a hour drive to the grocery store, so I'm used to being on the road, and when I lived out there I commuted from Kent to Olympia everyday for about a year. (what was I thinking) I figure a couple hours in any direction is no big deal for me if a bunch of people want to get together. Saturday may work for me, I really don't have much planned beyond visiting friends and dropping off a couple resumes, but my GF is coming along so I'll have to see if she has an itinerary for me. Anybody else up for a get together?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

Greg,

I'm up for it. A trail run might be a little tough for me- my GF and I are starting to move on the Monday after you get in (15th) so we'll be pretty busy packing and such during the weekends. I also work downtown Seattle, so meeting up for lunch during the week would work too.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

Absolutely.

I am also pretty well booked up for trying to fit a run in, but dinner would be great. Wednesday night is bad for me, but any other night could be arranged.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:34 AM

Yea let me know I might be able to make it too. Prolley a bad time for 4x4 runs though =(

Maybe Gene can come out and goto dinner! =) Ive been trying to get him to dinner... he is after all the inspiration of my 4runner. "Father-4Runner" lol.

Last edited by Ducky; 03-07-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 AM

I'm definitely up for dinner, but my rig is still untested so any wheeling would have to be mild.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

I know many places are still snowed in, and the Jeep I have to use is a stock Wrangler, so I would be pretty limited even if we did try a run. Sounds like dinner would work for most. Wed. is out for Rob, anyone else have conflicts? And how about suggestions for where. The only place I frequented is down in Milton, which would be very convenient for Gibby if he decides to join us, but might be a bit of a drive for the guys up north. Any suggestions in or around Seattle that would have some room for a group and decent food and drink, or are most folks south of the city anyway?
Old 03-07-2004, 10:56 AM

Im up in marysville, so anywhere near seattle is good =D *depending on what day* you all choose of course... Prolley would be good to be parking friendly too =)
Old 03-07-2004, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MNBOY
Wed. is out for Rob, anyone else have conflicts? And how about suggestions for where.
The only thing I can't reschedule is the WAC show on the 20th, I'll be busy that morning but other than that I'm open weekends and evenings. I'm in Bellevue.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:16 AM

i'd be down, depending on when it is.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MNBOY
Any suggestions in or around Seattle that would have some room for a group and decent food and drink, or are most folks south of the city anyway?
I am in Duvall, Kent or Redmond, depending upon when you catch me. I would vote for somewhere along the 405 corridor since the vast majority of us in the area are on this side of the lake. Renton, Bellevue, Kirkland are likely the most centrally located for most people.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

I'm down for dinner, pretty much any day works for me.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:19 PM

I have no transportation right now but its good to see that when I finally do there are enough people in the NW to set up a trail run. I am over on whidbey-island and am 100% unemployed so ANYTIME works for me.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:43 PM

i think i might already be going up on the 20th to Reiters with a couple of SNORT4x4 guys (maybe, assuming it gets planned) might be nice to meet up with some yotatech guys for once.

Also, not to hijack the thread (sorry) but WATRD, you live in Duvall? havn't seen you around.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Serith
Also, not to hijack the thread (sorry) but WATRD, you live in Duvall? havn't seen you around.
Yep. I grew up in the area and have been in South King County for a while, but I am in the process of moving back. I am up by Cedarcrest High School.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by WATRD
Yep. I grew up in the area and have been in South King County for a while, but I am in the process of moving back. I am up by Cedarcrest High School.
cool. you live in one of the neighborhoods by the school? or the gravel road past it? We should go wheelin' together one day, since we live so close.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

I am in one of the neighborhoods on the way up to the school.

Wheeling would be good
Old 03-07-2004, 06:21 PM

Dinner is good. I was starting to think Bucca di Beppos would be good for our potential big group, but their atmosphere is pretty noisy so we wouldn't be able to chat a whole lot.

I just went to the Azteca in Bellevue last week...that place is huge and would fit us well.

Anyone have food preferences...? And night preferances...? (Wed. is also out for me...lamaz-type class )

Jim
Old 03-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

How about Thurdsay the 18th, at Azteca in Bellevue? Maybe "Matilda" the LC will make an appearance.

Quick Reply: Seattle area folks