Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Paragon - October 10th - blues and greens

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paragon - October 10th - blues and greens

Anyone up for a run on Sunday October 10th? I'd like to stay on easier blues as much as possible, but will do some greens as well. Who's interested?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:50 AM

I've got something Saturday but I could always be back in Hazleton for Sunday I think. Its up to you though, if you think at all that I might slow you guys down or turn you away from harder trails then that's fine, I've got another group I might go up with the next weekend. Just let me know.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love to head back up there, but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to fix my frontend. I probably won't be wheeling until the Fall Colors ride here in VA, but anytime you want to go to PAP in November just say the word.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:56 AM

I'm interested, only concern is that I do not have sliders. Are they necessary?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by li_runner
I'm interested, only concern is that I do not have sliders. Are they necessary?
Nope.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:13 AM

I'm in.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
How far is it from Leesburg, VA? I might want to head up that was since I'll be in town that weekend with nothing to do.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by rwmorrisonjr
How far is it from Leesburg, VA?
About 3 to 3.5 hours, depending on traffic and how much ass you haul on the way there. Directions are here. It's basically Rt. 15 to Harrisburg, PA, then I-81 to Paragon.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

Wish i could, but 1) not sure if my stock 4th gen runner is quite ready yet 2) sundays arnt ever good for me . but wish i could go, have fun yall
Old 10-05-2004, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
Anyone up for a run on Sunday October 10th? I'd like to stay on easier blues as much as possible, but will do some greens as well. Who's interested?
Jackson,

Funny you asked, I sent an e-mail to everyone in our last group asking if they wanted to go. I'm game as long as the weather is nice. I still have to wash off the mud from the last time and try and get my soft top back on...check everything over and I'm set. Did you want to crash at my house in the Poconons Saturday night? E-mail me and let me know: four_the_hard_way@yahoo.com

Later.

Greg
My website
Old 10-05-2004, 08:05 AM

I've sent you a couple of e-mails - are you getting them?

I'll probably just head down Sunday morning. It's only about a 2 hour drive for me, so I don't mind getting up and heading out. Since you seem to know the park pretty well, would you mind guiding us? I don't care if you lead or not, but would you at least tell us how to get from trail to trail?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:10 AM

I've sent you a couple of e-mails - are you getting them?

I'll probably just head down Sunday morning. It's only about a 2 hour drive for me, so I don't mind getting up and heading out. Since you seem to know the park pretty well, would you mind guiding us? I don't care if you lead or not, but would you at least tell us how to get from trail to trail?
Jackson,

I haven't gotten any e-mails from you in a few days...hmmmm. I guess I could guide, I never have before. I just know certain trails from doing them. Really the best thing to do is you should map out your day on the map itself and then I can help as we go...kinda like getting us up to Rock Swamp. If you remember what we did last time, I have no problem doing the same trails...

I'm not 100% sure if I am going or not, gotta check weather.com.

E-mail me now and I'll let you know if I get it.

Greg
Old 10-05-2004, 08:14 AM

I sent you an e-mail about 3 minutes ago.

When I say guide, I don't mean decide on trails and let us follow you around all day... I just mean help me find the trails I/we want to run. I have a pretty good idea of the trails I want to run... I just gotta make sure we can find them.

Last edited by jacksonpt; 10-05-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:17 AM

here are some trails I'm thinking about... but I've never run them, so if you know them I'd love to hear what you think.

Turtle Rocks
Rocky Meadow
Laurel
Woodpecker (we talked about this last time, but I don't remember what you said)
Muddy Pipeline Bypass
GB&U (I ran this a few years ago, but I don't remember what it was like)
Sleepy Hollow
Rabbit
Old 10-05-2004, 10:02 AM

I just checked weather.com... looks like it'll be cool, but dry - some sun, some clouds. No rain in the forcast anytime soon.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:04 AM

Sounds good so far, I have never been to Paragon, so I can't offer any assistance with planning. I'm still interested in tagging along. I've mainly only taken the truck off-road around on beaches, so this will be new to me.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:47 PM

here are some trails I'm thinking about... but I've never run them, so if you know them I'd love to hear what you think.

Turtle Rocks
Rocky Meadow
Laurel
Woodpecker (we talked about this last time, but I don't remember what you said)
Muddy Pipeline Bypass
GB&U (I ran this a few years ago, but I don't remember what it was like)
Sleepy Hollow
Rabbit
I won't be able to make it, but here is a little info about a few of those trails if it helps you decide:

*Rabbit Run is a fun trail to go down. I've never gone up it, but I think it would definitely be harder going up. Going down, there is a real tight left hand turn. It's off camber and leans you towards a big tree. It is still completely doable without getting body damage.

*Woodpecker is similar to Rock Swamp and there is one spot where the trail splits. There is a short, but somewhat harder, line to the right, or an easier line to the left. After the obstacle on the right trail, the two meet up again. The "hard" section is a right hand turn, with a decent size drop, and it will lean your rig towards a tree with your passenger side rear door/rear windows coming very close.

Everyone in our group last time should be able to run those trails. The more stock rigs will just have to pick the easy lines through the harder parts.

Here are some pics of the tree on Rabbit. (Photos never capture the angle of the hill, etc.)

Old 10-06-2004, 03:55 AM

Thanks for the info/pics Jason. Trees looking like this are good indicators.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:08 PM

Turtle Rocks ---good

Rocky Meadow ---good

Laurel---good

Woodpecker (we talked about this last time, but I don't remember what you said)---good line on left is history bradge got washed out.3point tur at tree wll get you around without damage.pull forward before drop cut wheel all the way left and back up.there is a quite easy line to it.just takes some looking.

Muddy Pipeline Bypass---good

GB&U (I ran this a few years ago, but I don't remember what it was like)---good also quite a long trail also over looks sharks teeth and undertaker

Sleepy Hollow---good

Rabbit---bad if wet at least to come down,neverwent up.be super carefull at tree.at the end where it meets up with sleepy hollow there is a split.if your running smaller guys go left if not go right for some large rocks BTW i dont know how bad it is down there there was a tj on its roof for 3 hours other weekend

if not for the fact that i work i would go and help out iknow the park quite well since im only 45minutes away.let me know next time you want to go.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:12 PM

jason that takes me back to the good old days

Quick Reply: Paragon - October 10th - blues and greens