Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Montezuma

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montezuma

Planning to take two big trips to Montezuma this summer in June/July, in addition to several smaller ones. This time I'll be taking my truck for the first time, as we usually ride the Hondas. Red Cone, Sts. John, Middle Fork Swan, the Abandoned mine with the old truck off of the trail to Sts. John (across the river), the cabin on the top of the ridge, Radical Hill, and everything in between. If you've never been, you have to do it at least once in your life. Hope to see some sweet Toys up there. Maybe even some of you guys. Let me know if any of you plan to go this summer.

Was listening to some Ice Cube and Puff Daddy while writing this, so here we go:

Red Cone,
Sts. John,
Yeah, man, I go to Middle Fork Swan
Radical Hill really fits the bill
And I've got the skill
And My Truck's got the right stuff
Just like me and Puff
Running hard
Reaching for the stars
No small cars, just trucks
It's really got me going
And I must be going
'Cause I gotta hit the trail
And I'll pick up the mail
Later
So don't drive slow in front of me
Or I'll make you wish you wouldn't be
And now this song is done
Cause I'm makin' a fools run.

please don't make fun of me for that.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A RedCone trip is not on the list, but we'll plan one as soon as we know it's open:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65030
Old 05-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Banned

sweet. we usually camp, 4 wheeling all day and partying well into the night, staying 2-3 nights twice during the summer. I will be going up there for the day about 5-6 times this summer. Thanks. This year we might get a group as big as 10-14 up there with a combination of trucks (Toyota and Isuzu, mostly) and Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha ATVs.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Contributing Member

Hey - I know of a cabin we can stay up at the end of Hall Valley (It is the Valley just South of Webster pass which as you know drops down into saints john....

A really cool little miners cabin that is open to anyone who wants to stay (our family refurbished it but unfortunately it got so popular we hardly ever go anymore because there is always someone there) But if we got up there on a Friday afternoon it might be empty. Usually we could never drive to it till Mid june due to snow drifts in the road. The cabin itself if at 10,200 feet right near tree line.