Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Moab Jul 12-16

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moab Jul 12-16

thats right, im heading to Moab on thursday the 12th. my brother and I are going to drive over there, do a trail or two, bike, maybe some rafting, and get away for a while. i know its going to be hot, but i went to Vegas same time last year, and nothing is hotter than that. Plus, two KC boys who are used to 100 degrees with 100% humidity, we'll be fine. thinking about going down through BV(285), durango, cortez, then back up to moab. anyone done this? it should be really beautiful and thats what we are going for. also, what are some MUST SEE/MUST DO things?(stock truck on 31's) molly im sure you will have some good stuff. anything and everything helps. and if anyone is along the way, we would love to meet up and drink a beer or even wheel a bit. we will probably take 70 back through. thanks guys.

oh, and if anyone wants to put us up for a night that'd be awesome too. we love the floor. worth a shot right?

henry
Old 07-05-2007, 05:40 PM

this isnt supposed to be an event.just some comments/suggestions would be nice. Mods, can we change, it wont let me delete.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have been that way. It is novel for the first few hours, then it gets old quick. Gorgeous scenery though.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think you understand how big this will suck.

KC boys or not, I am from Wisconsin 100 degrees and all the humidity. It sucks.

When I WHEEL in Moab when it is not hot, I drink 2 gallons of water a day plus Gatorade.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hot?

Moab at this time of year is a fair approximation of a studio apartment in the redlight district of Hell.

I would be sure to carry lots of sunscreen, a good hat, and 5 gallons of water to drink in case you end up walking. Trucks like to quit in that weather. Ask me how i know.

All i can say is this: You are very brave to be attmepting a bike trip in that. Holy crap.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

Henry - even though it is listed as an event it allows comments like any normal post so just leave it be. IF ya do go make sure you stay close to civilization. You can do fins and things pretty easy with civilization close. However another run you might be able to do like cliff hanger is NOT near peeps should your rig decide to up and out in this heat and like Isaac and Adrian said it can happen pretty easily. Give me a ring I will lend you my maps and give you allt he dirt but if you are going to be alone I will demand you stay near town for safetey. Yes it is not as hot as KC in 100% humidity but it will suck the life out of you just the same if your truck breaks and you are stranded.

-Mols
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 AM

we wont be doing anything alone. if we run trails, we will find a crew to join up with. probably just some scenic drives is more like it. and we are going to rent 4wheelers for a day. probably do top of the world, and maybe fins. im sure the hot parts of the day we will be at the bar.