Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Hello TULSA

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found it. Talked to him for quite a while. He said gettin' a bunch of guys to hit the trails on the 11th isn't a problem. He just do't know weather to hit Chandler or Disney. I'm down for either.

Let me walk all over his shop. Even showed me his pile of axels and that onle Volvo sumdin' with D44's front and rear. Said he's gettin' a lift tomorrow (could of said next week though). Cool little paint booth he's got rigged.

So...should we start an official post/poll on where to wheel, who's all comin' and that type of thing??? for the 11th??? or do you wanna wait??

Chandler will be easier for everybodies first time gettin' together as disney isn't close to anything.

Whatchathink???

Last edited by SloPoke; 09-17-2004 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:47 AM

WHAT'S UP CHED!!!!! Long time no talk. Damn, Right when I move outta BA they get a 4x4 shop, just my luck. I'm in for Sept.11 I'd prefer Chandler (I like those runs a lil more and it's closer=less swampers on the road) but I wont shed any tears if it's disney.
So, Injohneer, You met kyle (outdoorfever)? He told me he met some other 4Runner guy. HEY! were you at J Davis (or something like that) Jewlers, across from wally world a month or so back? Dark green rig, light bar above the cab? Maybe you've seen my rig around, Gold '91 on 34" superswampers with a yak loadwarrior sporting a green hi-lift.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:33 PM

Tulsa wheelin' on the 18th (that's saturday, right?)

Not much Chris. Same ole same ole. Bought a little drill press today then came home and started in. Taking a break from cuttin' and weldin' right now though. Mommas got the girls and their swimmin' and their Aunt's. Dad's days off. (so my dumb ass goes out their and cuts/grinds/welds :pat: )

About the run & shop...

Talked to the guy (Justin) that owns the shop again today. We swung by to show him the Tacoma we just got back on the road from SAS'n. Anways...while I was there he called his wife to verify the weekend he and his shop rats can wheel. Turns out it's the 18th. He's going to post flyers in his shop and I'm not positive but am pretty sure he's posting it as a Chandler run. He asked me what time and I told him we usually meet at 9am and head out within' 15-20 of that. Leave the trails anywheres between 3 and 5. He seemed to be cool with that. As you know though, we'll be by places where we can run people to an "out" just about anytime so if someone needs to get out, it really shoudn't be a problem. At any given point out there I don't think your 20 minutes from an out. And that's worst case, back in the wooded valleys (my fave).

The owner's a young guy and he seems to be really nice. Did a really nice paint job on his jeep yesterday. Turned out nice. Seems to be pretty knowledgable. He's done several pretty nice link systems. He really liked Sloth's SAS'd Tacoma. Had everyone in the shop out there ooh'n and ahhh'n at it. One guw was straight up gawkin'. hehe Even took a bunch of pics of it on the shops digi cam.

It will be the maiden voyage for the rig we just sas'd. Hope nothing breaks. (we did swap in chevy parts ya know) LOL

So, HOW MANY WE GOT GOIN'? Saturday Sept. 18th. Chandler Park Run in west Tulsa

The jeepers are meeting up in BA but if we have out of towners comin' in from OKC and such, we might oughta think about meeting at the QT on 33 W. Ave & SW Blvd.(across from Sam's Off Road).

We need to start another official tread letttin' everyone that don't follow this tread know.

Why don't you do that? haha
Old 08-14-2004, 02:36 PM

I'll start another "official" thread for Sept. 18 meet at QT 33 & SW blvd. 9am.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOLY COW JOHN WHATS UP. Sorry I am behind the times, dont check this area of the boards too often. How ya been? Glad to see you on here! thanks for the compliments on my truck, yours is sweet its self. We are gonna get together soon.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, things got busier than a bumblebee nest underneath a 5 foot bush hog while I was out. Dude. Try to spend one weekend with the girlfriend and you miss half the fun online. Oh well.

I'm up for the 18th, wouldn't mid if someone **Kyle? **Ched? wanted to go out on the 11th though and show me around. hint, hint.

Glad you found the posts, Kyle. Wow. And yet another Xtian 4x4'er. I know Justin at Violent 4wd is a believer, too. huh, I guess there's a reason they call this the Bible Belt.

Oicnaic, yep that was me at JDavis. I was just looking at rings back then (Late April or March, actually...a little more than a month ago) . I did see your rig there but come to think of it, haven't seen it yet...
Speaking of jewlry... I've finally bought the ring for my g/f/soon-to-be-fiance....haven't gotten it yet but it should be in sometime in the next 2 weeks. Was thinking about taking her 4wheeling (she likes it well enough to come and ride) and then at the end of the run, pausing to take time to pick the rocks out of my tire tread. Maybe while I'm down on my knees cleaning the tires I can "magically" find a "really shiney" rock that she would love to wear, eh? sh! don't anybody give my plan away....

Yikes! I'd post more but gotta buzz to go get ready for church...
Old 08-15-2004, 05:00 PM

Injohneer, Yeah the reason you haven't seen my rig anymore is cuz i moved up to Claremore. My fiance likes wheeling enough to ride with me too, it's great having a passsenger who isn't yellin the obvious in your ear like "YOU'RE CLOSE TO THAT ROCK!" or trying to tell you how to drive.
If kyle's up for it again I wouldn't mind touring Chandler Park with ya (as soon as i fix my brake line) it's an awesome place to play.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OicnaiC
yellin the obvious in your ear like "YOU'RE CLOSE TO THAT ROCK!" or trying to tell you how to drive.

THAT was my MOTHER on the trail to Christina Lake in Wyoming....

8-9 miles of big rocks and shallow streams that made the dog lay down on the back seat and whimper...somehow I never had to use 4 wheel drive though...

Quick Reply: Hello TULSA