Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Friday Night Wheeling Az 4/2/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday Night Wheeling Az 4/2/04

Hey guys,

Was thinking of maybe heading up to Butcher Jones Beach Area tomorrow night with my stock 93 4x4 and just messing around.... anyone up for going like 8-11:30? just thought i'd throw it out there

see-ya
kelly
Old 04-02-2004, 05:49 AM

Where is BUTCHER JONES BEACH AREA?

Thanks for the PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:08 PM

Well it's 7 PM and no response.

I woud like to have gone had you responded.

I honestly have no clue where this is located at. Doesn't even bring sense of familiarity to my mind.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by KING
Well it's 7 PM and no response.

I woud like to have gone had you responded.

I honestly have no clue where this is located at. Doesn't even bring sense of familiarity to my mind.
hey KING, totally sorry about that... i was gonna go with the g/f and some friends but she ended up having to go out til dinenr til like 9:30 so isaid ˟˟˟˟ it and just left at bout 8 (got home from work like 7:45) i would have told you and it woulda been cool but well def wheel soon. i just went out with a stock dakota sport... anyway if your up in scottsdale you take shea all the way into fountain hills... it's like 142+ st. and anyway you go up there and then take a left on the b-line.... head down the b-line for about 10 miles and take a right at the saguaro lake exit. head down that to the exit right after saguaro lake and its called butcher jones beach (couple miles down the saguaro lake road probably 1 mile after the saguaro lake exit) and it's closed from sunset-sunrise... the entrace has a gate and the exit is still open but it has those spikes that you can only go over one way... heres the trick... just bring a board with you and have your friend hold the spikes down with the board and then you can drive over it and then repeat for him.... so anyway you go down the butcher jones beach road and then you just kinda curve around and theres this gate that leads to a bunch of trails and that's where i went... is your toy stock? what mods do yuo have?

kelly (sorry about tonight, we'll def go wheeling sometime)
Old 04-03-2004, 05:32 PM

What is the intended purpose of this location?

I wouldn't want to risk any fines by going in there at night when it's closed.

What type of terrain does this location offer?

Next time I'm going down the BEELINE highway, I'll stop and take a look.

If you keep going on the B-LINE highway for about ten more miles after you pass the SAGUARO LAKE exit, there is a nice trail that I have been wanting to take for a while.

The exit is at SYCAMORE creek. If you've ever been there, there are tons of roads there on the entrance that just connect to each other. Kind of funny. If you take this particular road in, it'll take you to a trail that takes you into the canyon and it's really nice. Really rocky but can definitely be taken in a stock vehicle. I took this trail for a while but would definitely like to go back.

My '94 P/U is completely stock so we're in hand.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:58 PM

during the day it is meant for recreational use... at night im sure you could probably get fined. i have been to sycamore creek, im not sure where exactly you live but you can also get to the sycamore creek trails from up in fountain hills... very fun stuff out there... good for high speed wash runs too

kelly
Old 04-03-2004, 07:14 PM

I am on the west side of PHOENIX at the moment. 43RD AVE and MCDOWELL so it's a ways out there compared to you.

If all goes right, I should be moving to 83RD AVE and CACTUS by MAY. Even farther but not a problem at all for me.

There are a number of ways to get to SYCAMORE CREEK, I was just pointing out the this place in particular.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by descendents
..............and it's closed from sunset-sunrise... the entrace has a gate and the exit is still open but it has those spikes that you can only go over one way... heres the trick... just bring a board with you and have your friend hold the spikes down with the board and then you can drive over it and then repeat for him....
I's people like you who get trails closed. Thanks..........

There must have had a BIG problem in that area for the Parks Dept. to close it after dark. Irresponsible, unlawful use of resources is the #1 reason used by the anti-recreationalist for closures. The area has plenty of open places to wheel- use them instead.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by crawler#976
I's people like you who get trails closed. Thanks..........

There must have had a BIG problem in that area for the Parks Dept. to close it after dark. Irresponsible, unlawful use of resources is the #1 reason used by the anti-recreationalist for closures. The area has plenty of open places to wheel- use them instead.
Well I can't say I did anything irresponsible nor did i do any harm. It's been closed after dark for as long as I've known, I only was going out for a couple hours and didnt want to drive real far. In addition it's fully legal to be there after dark and to camp out on the trails.

Kelly