Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

CO4RJ official info and registration

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mojo_Risin
My wife, aka navigator, passenger side rock spotter, tire deflation assistant and CB radio personality will be coming along aswell.

John
Sporting Orange Shorts.................................

:drum:
Old 07-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

My wife will not be coing along
Old 07-21-2003, 07:47 AM

My wife and 3 kids will be along.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Contributing Member

Cool. I should know for sure tomorrow (Tuesday) if I can make it.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Bighead
That would be pretty neat if you an make it.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Banned

Its Tuesday! Are ya in?

I think there should be a door prize reserved for the truck that travels the furthest to attend. Maybe one of those fancy seat cushions made of giant beads.

I doubt i'll have a passenger. She needs to go to work and earn some cash so we can buy some sliders to help her short self climb into the truck. Yeah that's the angle to use. Maybe I can get her to go halfsies on sliders to help her get in the thing.

Last edited by jx94148; 07-22-2003 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by jx94148
I doubt i'll have a passenger. She needs to go to work and earn some cash so we can buy some sliders to help her short self climb into the truck. Yeah that's the angle to use. Maybe I can get her to go halfsies on sliders to help her get in the thing.
How to lose a woman in 10 days... You need to marry her first (and then it's still sketchy). I'm just kidding you.

Last edited by Aurora Sandman; 07-22-2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jx94148
Its Tuesday! Are ya in?
Gentlemen, I am in.

I completed the registration form last night and sent it to the Marmot so the list should be updated soon. Now I need to coordinate a date with Matt at Rockware to get my bumper installed.

I think there should be a door prize reserved for the truck that travels the furthest to attend. Maybe one of those fancy seat cushions made of giant beads.
More like one of those inflatable hemorrhoid donut rings.

Last edited by Bighead; 07-22-2003 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Good deal, Lance! Email me when you know when and where you'll be before we head to Buena Vista.

Now give that man the skid plate and forget the drawing!
Old 07-23-2003, 04:40 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
I just registered for Friday and Saturday, have to see if the spousal unit wants to go and if I can get that Friday off from work. Looking forward to this as it'll be my first time with the group.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

Gentlemen, I am in.
Welcome to the Jungle.......................

:monkey:

No Web Wheeling, Only Real Wheelin.

I'm gonna watch the show between Hunt & Marmot and then crawl over the carnage at 252 to 1 with a Hooters Girl on my lap.

P.S. Ace's Girlfriend will do too
Old 07-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Jeff drinks beer faster than me.

Hey I forgot to tell you. I destroyed my gas tank skid on Upper Woodpecker with Adrian & Mark.

Of course a new "Sonoran Steel" one is 1/2 done. It's be on by the event.

That should also wrap up the 3rd Gen. The Spider Trax arms also took a trashing and did not flinch.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by sschaefer3
No Web Wheeling, Only Real Wheelin.
Mmmm...maybe I should reconsider then.

I haven't had too many opportunities to wheel with my current 4Runner. Definately nothing remotely tough, mainly easy trails to shake out any bugs in my gear and to make sure nothing falls off after I installed it. That is why I have been pushing so hard to get out there for this event, especially since I have missed all the East Coast stuff because of work.

So, is the gas tank skid something you are going to sell? You know it's a matter of time before that gets out and somebody asks you about it. I just want to prepare you.

Last edited by Bighead; 07-26-2003 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member

So, is the gas tank skid something you are going to sell? You know it's a matter of time before that gets out and somebody asks you about it. I just want to prepare you.
At this point, no. It's too much work and the price would be too high.

I still have to finish it and test it. Trying to keep it under like 30 pounds as well. Only using 11 Gauge sheet metal like the Rockstomper front skid, but it still gets heavy
Old 07-24-2003, 06:14 AM
Contributing Member

The Show

I'm gonna watch the show between Hunt & Marmot and then crawl over the carnage at 252 to 1 with a Hooters Girl on my lap.
The show, , well I suppose, after the carnage in Moab, I will probably be on the conserative side. Of course, I say that now, and when I get out there, the gloves will be off.

I'm hoping to have a set of Rancho 9000X shocks mounted in the back with some new shock skids to protect the twisty-knob at the bottom. I think I'll have them on by the time CO4RJ rolls around.

Next weekend we are heading up to Avalanche Ranch for the SW4WDA Summer Quarterly. That should be quite a hoot. Hopefully I won't break anything there.

Anybody know where I can get a hub-to-hub Dana44 high pinion????? I'm seriously thinking a swap is in the future here.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

This guy used a Toyota axle:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/tacom...es?msg=91145.9

I used a toy axle opposed to the status quo D44, and here's what I found...
You'll need to flip the tubes to the opposite sides...this means making a jig for it, and moving the spring perch on the pumpkin. You'll also have to cut the knuckles loose and rotate them back, since they'll be foreward way too much. You'll also need to get a 3" widening kit from Front Range Off Road. This will get you really close to the stock rearend width.
The plus, Your spring perches will be narrower than on the D44, so your tires wont rub the springs. They will also fall directly in line with the front of the frame, so you don't have to make an extended crossmember to mount them on, as in the D44. Strength, the Diff is relatively the same strength, and the birfields are about as strong as the stock ujoints of a D44. You can upgrade to alloy shafts and Longfields, then you're as strong if not stronger than a beefed up D44. Another plus...when you do break a birfield, only the joint breaks, sparing the axleshaft. When a D44 ujoint breaks, it can (and does) break the ears off the shaft, forcing you to replace the whole shaft. Another plus is your driveshaft will mate right up to it, it just needs to be lengthened.

http://wildcard.flttora.com/pics.htm

Hi-Pinion diff available for that one.

I will not be swapping, I got some guys in Japan to do it for me back in 1989.

Last edited by sschaefer3; 07-24-2003 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by sschaefer3
At this point, no. It's too much work and the price would be too high.

Translation:
There's some interesting aspects to the fabrication, so I haven't calculated the price yet
Old 07-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Mark in Az
Translation:
There's some interesting aspects to the fabrication, so I haven't calculated the price yet
Funny you picked orange. It's that..............................
Old 07-27-2003, 08:59 PM

Final T-shirt/apparel design. I'll set up the store tomorrow for whoever wants to buy a stuff.

Click for bigger pic.

John
Old 07-28-2003, 01:27 AM

Nice design, John!

Other parts of the jamboree are also being refined...

Off-Road Solutions will be another sponsor of items for the free raffle.

The trail registration has served its purpose well - we're tweaking the trail selection to adapt to the demand. The trail leaders have discussed the overcrowding issue and we've added another harder trail on both Friday and Saturday.

Alan (HaveBlue) will now be leading Antero/Baldwin Lake on Friday. Matt is still leading Old Chinaman's Gulch. And now I'll be leading Iron Chest Mine. I personally consider Chinaman's and Iron Chest to be similar difficulty (around 8 or 9) and should have the same modification requirements. Iron Chest doesn't have any individually notable technical obstacles - it's just a continuous boulder field. On Iron Chest, there's one tippy spot on mostly dirt, but we'll spot each other through that short section.

On Saturday, Darren will still lead McCallister Gulch (and similar area trails). We'll still have Wheeler Lake that day. And we are adding Taylor Pass to Saturday. We want the 18 vehicles to split up between Wheeler and Taylor. Both are moderate trails with a few challenging spots, although Wheeler can probably be a little harder. All the trails on Saturday have great scenery.

There's no change to the trails on Thursday.

For anyone who wants to change their trail selection, please go to the CO4RJ registration page and submit your trails again. Then I only need your name and trails for the 3 days. If you don't resubmit anything, I'll assume you want the same trails as before.
Jeff

Donna Brown has organized more for the potluck. She says:
You are to bring your own main dish. There will be at least a few grills going for you to grill/cook on. If you are bringing burgers or dogs, please bring condiments and buns of your choice. If anyone has questions, comments, ideas etc. please ask Donna. I am estimating that there will be at least 30-40 people there for the potluck so buy according to how many others are contributing in your category. There is a large grocery store in Buena Vista with a deli. If you are bringing a dish, remember to bring some sort of serving utensil or cutting utensil.
DRINKS (pop and water in ice chests): Lance Urenda and Michael Kuperstein
ICE: Lee Picha bring ice for drinking.
CUPS, FORKS, PLATES, NAPKINS, TRASH BAGS: Jeff Bathke and Matt Hinkley
FRUIT (fresh or a salad): Adrian Flygt, Steve and Carole Hunt, Mike Brown and family
SIDE SALAD (pasta, green, or slaw type of thing): Jim Hughes, Allan Davis, Ziad Matloub
CHIPS AND DIP: Mark Griese, Scott Basinger, Darren Kilgore
SIDE DISH (warm such as a casserole type): Mike Nevitt, Brent Wilhelmi, Steve Hedberg
BREAD/ROLLS: Alan(Haveblue), Mark Fit
and most important, DESSERT: The Schaefers, The Stavolas, and The Bonillas
Anyone that I missed, I'm open to them just bring any of the above.
Donna

Quick Reply: CO4RJ official info and registration