Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

2011 East Coast 4Runner Jamboree - June 24-26, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
2011 East Coast 4Runner Jamboree - June 24-26, 2011

Events calender only goes up to 2010. Already posted in the feedback section. Anyway.....

I am gonna organize the Yotatech event this year again to coincide with the EC4RJ once again at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park.

PM's will be taken to collect phone numbers/CB handles closer to the date of the event. And unless anyone objects will be shared with the rest of the group. Please RSVP to this using the forums to make it easier on myself to send out pm's so I don't miss anybody.

Ya all got 4 months to get your junk in working order.
Lumpy ya might wanna tow your rig there this year.

Please make sure you meet the rules and regulations of the park. If you don't it will look bad on our group. Last year we had one guy not have a tow strap and only chains with hooks. Must have tow rope with loops and not hooks. The rest of the park rules are listed below.

Drinking on the trails of anything other than non-alcohol will not be tolerated nor will drug use. Alcohol at the end of the day while camping is ok. But under no circumstances will I tolerate drug use. As well as mandatory seat belt usage while on the trails. This means driver and passengers. I had several problems with one of the members last year and I will not allow the to be a part of our our group this year.

Group Name for event will once again be YOTATECH.
And all makes and models will be welcome. Non-Toyota guys just be ready for some talking.

I will be at the park early Friday Night for camping at the park. And barring any catastrophic failure of my truck will also be wheeling on Sunday again. If they do the free 1/2 day wheeling/trail cutting on Sunday, I will be doing that as well. Anyone in the groups is welcome to join me to help the park out for half the day and then wheel for free the second half.

Tentative CB channel will be channel 34 at the park. I will be traveling down there on 19 though. My handle will be EXTREME.

Magazine coverage by EC4RJ's friend Jay Kopycinski from past events:
http://www.fourwheeler.com/eventcove...ree/index.html
http://www.off-roadweb.com/events/07...des/index.html

Not sure if still active but, EC4RJ's Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/East-C...e/446018330001

Rausch Creek Off-Rod Park links:
http://www.rc4x4.org/
http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php

Physical Address for those wanting to GPS it.
Rausch Creek Off Road Park
453 Molleystown Rd Tremont PA 17981

Rausch Creek Membership

Rausch Creek Off Road Park is a membership-based facility. There are no pre-requisites or waiting lists. All drivers and passengers must sign a membership application & liability waiver. Drivers and passengers age 16 and up are required to become members of the park which costs $15 per year and is good for one year from the date you join. Membership cards are given out when you join.

Children age 15 and younger are free, however, we require a parental waiver. All members under the age of 18 also require a parental waiver.

The daily entrance fee is $35.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $7.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $5.00 fee is waived that day). We offer free primitive camping for our members.
To speed up your registration and sign-in, please download the documents, fill them out, and bring them with you when you visit our facility. You'll get to go wheeln' sooner! The form requires the following info from BOTH DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS: Name, address, phone number, emergency contact info, driver's license number, vehicle description and license plate. Also, initial (do not check) the four individual waiver paragraphs. We need this information from passengers too.
Membership Application & Waiver:
Adobe Acrobat (PDF): download here

Parental Waiver:

Adobe Acrobat (PDF): download here

Rausch Creek Off Road Park Rules and Regulations

1) Before entering the park, members are required to check in at the Office, pay admission, and pick-up a wristband and vehicle tag.
b. GROUPS SHOULD EXCHANGE CELL NUMBERS SO THEY CAN CONTACT EACH OTHER IN THE EVENT OF LATE ARRIVALS. It will be up to each group to send someone back to the office to pick up late arrivals. So please exchange cell phone numbers with each other.

2) The minimum group size is two vehicles.

3) Members shall keep their membership card with them at all times and keep their wristband on during their visit. Vehicles must have the proper vehicle tag in plain sight.

4) Members wishing to camp overnight prior to their day of wheeling must make appropriate arrangements prior to their visit. Campers who are still in the park past 10:00 a.m. the following day shall be required to pay for that additional day.

5) Seatbelt use is mandatory.

6) All vehicles should have at least one towpoint and a full-size spare.

7) All street legal vehicles must be insured. All drivers must hold a valid drivers license and be covered by an automobile insurance policy. Competition rigs are welcome.

8) No littering. Pack in and pack out everything. Designated campfire areas are for cooking and burning of firewood only. All campfires must be put out when leaving the camping area. Check at the Office for any Burn Ban advisories.

9) Quiet hours at the camping areas are 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.

10) All vehicles must be off the trails by DUSK, except for repair or recovery purposes. Nighttime wheeling is prohibited!

11) Anyone observed drinking and driving will permanently lose their membership privileges and their affiliated club will be sanctioned. No alcohol is allowed on the property except for the camping area. Alcohol may be consumed only AFTER you are done wheeling for the day and only in the camping area. Do not walk around the comp course with alcohol. Do not drive around the trails with alcohol in your vehicle, leave it at camp.

12) Stay on designated trails. Do not park vehicles where they might block a trail. Do not drive past the park's boundary markers or around gates. Cross streams only at designated stream crossings. Traffic may cross over or drive upon the Water Line only where it is part of a designated trail. Avoid bushwacking around muddy trails so we can keep our muddy trails muddy. Members should not drive through the hunt club's food plots. If you stack rocks to get through an obstacle, UNSTACK them please!!

13) Members should check the posted map at the Office for information about possible trail closures and updates on new trails.

Any person observing a violation of these rules or any unsafe or suspect behavior will report it to their club representative or a Park officer as soon as possible.

Members who disregard the rules of Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, or pose a safety threat to themselves or other Members, will be ejected from the park without a refund. Repeated violations will result in loss of membership.

Park Contact Info:
Lynn 570-640-0194
Bruce 610-842-3596

Camping & Local Lodging Info

Many of you travel long distances to visit our facility, and your needs vary when it comes to staying overnight. We have listed camping and local lodging info to accomodate you the best that we can. Please click here for Inns and Motels or, scroll down
Camping:
1) Rausch Creek Off Road park offers free overnight (primitive) camping to members and visitors. To learn more about our camping, please click here .
2) If you want to stay at a full service facility, please contact one of the local campgrounds below:
Echo Valley Campground
Judy Finch
52 Camp Rd
Tremont, PA 17981
(570) 695-3659
www.echovalleycamp.com
Camp-A-While, Exit 112 of Interstate 81
570-682-8696
www.campawhilepa.com

Twin Grove Park & Campground
1445 Suedberg Road
Pine Grove, PA 17963
(717) 865-4602
www.twingrove.com
Lodging (Inn's/Motels)
Exit 100 (Pine Grove) 7 miles from the park
Comfort Inn
570-345-8031
68 Rooms available
Indoor Heated Pool / Fitness Center / Deluxe Cont. Breakfast

Colony Lodge
570-345-8095
33 Rooms Available

Econo Lodge
570-345-4099
51 Rooms Available
HBO / ESPN
Hampton Inn
481 Suedberg Road
Pine Grove, PA 17963
(570) 345-4505

Mention you are wheeling at Rausch Creek for rate discount!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
have to see where that falls in the old weekend schedule.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If someone pays for my gas i will be there
Old 02-24-2011, 03:55 PM

yeah the event calender goes to 2010 wont give an option for 2011. I already posted in the feedback forum. No replies yet.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2DoorRunner
Better start stocking up on your beans. If ya eat enough ya might be able to fly over here. lmao.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2DoorRunner

that would be a nice road trip for you guys
Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
that would be a nice road trip for you guys
if they use my way, they might wanna take the tops off the runners.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM

what was Jeff's YT name???.....I just saw him on here 2 days ago...can't remember where.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:06 PM

oh god, let me check. was thinking about getting a hold of him on RC forum as well. But if he's still on here too......
Old 02-24-2011, 04:06 PM

YOTALUVR.....found it.. https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f44/.../#post51664563
Old 02-24-2011, 04:07 PM

oh that jeff, thought you were talking about the trail guide.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:07 PM

those guys in SWIMMERBOY's thread are essentially local
Old 02-24-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
oh that jeff, thought you were talking about the trail guide.

forgot... he checked in right after we got back but I never heard him again.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:10 PM

I posted a cross link in the PA section as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM

slinkhound, I'll shoot him an email.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be there fri-sat if i'm back from my road trip out west, i should be but plans arn't final yet.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the e-mail. Would like to join you guys again if I can swing it. Blaise and I haven't been out since the fall and he keeps asking when we're going again. I won't know for sure until it gets closer.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by slinkhound
Got the e-mail. Would like to join you guys again if I can swing it. Blaise and I haven't been out since the fall and he keeps asking when we're going again. I won't know for sure until it gets closer.
Good deal. Was hoping your email was still the same.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:10 AM

good job xxxtreme. at the very least we can probably have everyone or most everyone from last year plus others.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:19 AM

I am probably gonna make another trip down there in march I think maybe may I forget starts with an M anyway. Probably wont wheel though. Gonna go down and watch some KOH rock race qualifiers.

Quick Reply: 2011 East Coast 4Runner Jamboree - June 24-26, 2011