Notices
Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest This general forum is for those seeking information about buying, model features/differences, pricing to sell, and related advice

Selling my very good condition 1st gen, feeler on pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling my very good condition 1st gen, feeler on pricing

Alright, pulling the trigger and selling my 4runner. Had a kid last year and the runner has been sitting unused since its not exactly an infant friendly rig. Time to pass her on. planning on listing on yotatech and on Craigs locally. (Seattle, WA) What should I ask for it? Here is the write up on it:

1987 Toyota 4runner for sale

215k, SR5 Trim – PW/PL, Sunroof, A/C, 4way adjustable seats, aftermarket remote keyless entry/ Clifford alarm, remote configured to lower rear window, AM/FM/CD/Aux input with removable faceplate, upgraded 6 speaker sound system, power mirrors.

Upgrades:

Suspension:
4” IFS Lift, Rancho RSXXX shocks, Zuk Mod in the rear, (coils on bump stops).
Wheels and Tires:
American Racing Baja AR172 15x7/-3.75 Wheels , General AT 33x10.5x15 with 4mm tread, 31inch spare on steely.

Drivetrain:
K&N cold air intake, 15k miles on professionally installed Sunwest Automotive Supreme Reman Long Block, 5k miles on new head and RV Cam ($3100 on motor), 180psi on all cylinders, 45k on on fully/professionally rebuilt transmission, incl clutch kit and flywheel resurface ($2200). Doug Thorley 542 Tri-Y Header, stock muffler.
Many new parts in the last 50k, including U joints, fan clutch, radiator, clutch master cylinder, etc

Other
Optima Blue Top Deep Cycle Battery, HELLA H4 headlight system upgrade 55W/100W (55W/60W stock.. HUGE difference on high beam), 1” Driver seat lift from 4crawler, LED door and custom under-dash vanity lights. 50W bright white backup lights. Rubberized cargo area mat. Class 4 Hitch.
Also available for sale: very good condition soft top, including all mounting hardware. I've retrofitted the hardware and frame to allow for an external rack over the soft top, and easier on/off without drilling into the truck frame. I also had bimini top and toneau cover custom made (no longer have window panels). I havent used this in a few years, so it may not have 100% of the hardware, but at most it needs a couple hours of fiddling around with it, and and some button snaps, and I think it’s back in business.

Condition
I never took it offroad, and changed fluids on schedule. Truck is almost 30 years old, and some of that shows. there are some minor/cosmetic things I havent gotten around to dealing with: windows need lubrication, passenger/rear ones goes down slowly. carpet has some minor wear, and could use a steam clean, but its not bad. Front brake pads need replaced. There is a minor leak somewhere around the windshield/firewall, so in a heavy downpour the floorboards get wet. should be an easy fix once leak is tracked down. (I havent tried to fix). The hitch is a little rusty.

Spare parts:
I cannibalized another truck and have a foot locker full of parts, which are included in sale, if you want them. Including: distributer cap and wires, cruise control module, computer, wiring harness, almost every relay and electrical component/plug in the whole truck, O2 sensor, other misc sensors, fuel rail, internal trim strips, dash lights, misc brackets/hardware, rear brake pads, front windows gear/motor assembly and arms, I think maybe some fuel injectors, other things I am probably forgetting.

Other:
Service records and receipts back to 1990. It lived in AZ most its life.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:35 AM

T- sent you a PM

Last edited by Erik Hinch; 10-10-2015 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:37 AM

bump.. i was thinking getting $4500 for it would be pretty solid reasonable price. thoughts? thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:16 AM

I spent $4200 on mine and it was just as clean as yours but I'm on the east coast which is completely different market = but yours is actually much better condition regarding rebuilt drivetrain. I would increase it to $5500. You are selling to a high demand market out there (anything older toyota in your condition is in high demand), but be stiff on that price. Hard to find a super nice condition 4Runner like yours in PNW without body damage.

Last edited by paynemw; 11-24-2015 at 08:19 AM.