Notices
Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest This general forum is for those seeking information about buying, model features/differences, pricing to sell, and related advice

Backyard 01 "Stadium" Tacoma

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backyard 01 "Stadium" Tacoma

Ok boys here's the scoop, I bought this donor last feb from an insurance auction. All i was setting out for was a complete, lower mileage 3.4 vehicle. (without trying to boast) I know i scored more than i expected to find. Ive been in limbo to complete this swap for almost exactly a year. Getting closer and closer to my goal date of moving im thinking its time to figure out what i should do with the remaining parts.

Heres the truck on the day i brought it home.

Since then Ive pulled the motor,ecu, the aftermarket wheels and the sub speaker box.
Before anyone says it...it is a nice truck. I probably should have rebuilt it and made a profit. (clean, not salvaged title) But i decided to go with the plan and use it as a donor. This truck would make a pretty fun weekend toy to the right, or should i say, the exact person who is looking for this kind of project. This thing appears to be made to take some jumps and get some "sweet air". Im leaning more towards parting this out than trying to find that exact person. My questions are, Do any of you think that there is a decent enough chance of finding someone to buy this thing complete how it sits before start tearing it apart? If so, where should i start for an asking price?

The suspension on this thing was high dollar...when it was new of course. I still have the wheels and have slowly been trying to refurbish them. Found out trying to bring life back to polished aluminum is a BIG task! So throwing them back on would make it more appealing if need be.

Its a 2wd 01 tacoma that started out in Cali, title is from Colorado but seeing it has some rust accumulated its spent some time on salted roads. Its not pretty but heres more pictures of the suspension and what it looks like now..

BONUS PICS!

I learned part of the story of how it ended up in the insurance auction from a guy that works the auction house yard. Was told the kid got it stuck and had to have it towed, then apparently never payed to get it back and then filed the damage as an insurance claim.... The guy started it for me the day before the auction. Runs great! Guy thought the kid blew up the trans...

Im open and hoping for all kinds of feedback and opinions of what i should do.
Thanks for any help guys!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
seems like you scored a good deal
Old 01-16-2014, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by dropzone
seems like you scored a good deal
Heck yeah! Im still telling strangers about that free 3/8's tank of gas!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:46 PM

About time you started this thread lol Keep up the good work
Edit. Just noticed your not in the build up section lol

Last edited by JasonYota; 01-16-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 PM

Haha thanks Jason. I'm not yet worthy of a build up thread! Just trying to get some money back for this thing. Anyone have an opinion on why I shouldn't start parting this out? Open to all suggestions!