16.67%
D-Day
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Planning another trip before my SAS

Old 07-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
too bad John... well, if you can, make it out.. After doing a little more inspection on my truck, i'm leaning on this will probably be my last trip until I get my SAS done...

On a semi-related note, I just bought a 93 roller HO 302 V8 with tranny... anyone fathom a guess what its goin in?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

So..... anyone got any updates as to whats going on?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might be able to go but probably not I'll try and keep yall updated.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Is it too late to change my mind on location....

If Gary would come out with us, I'm thinkin a good trip to cass might not be a bad idea with all the new trails, plus the hill i backed out on. It looks like my buddy isnt bringin his jeep, hes riding in mine, so I dont mind going a little farther, especially if it gets us another person to wheel (Gary).

Hans, whats your vote, and Keith, what do you think? Frankly I'm good for anything, but I do want some challenging stuff. Mike (mpierson) are you going to make it out to this trip, and what are your thoughts as far as how far you'd travel? Cass or Disney has trails for stockish trucks...

As it stands right now, Disney has the poll, but Cass wasnt included, and I'm guessing Hans is too lazy to vote. My only requirement is the place has something that is capable of a challenge, but that everyone would still like to go. I'm fine with toasting a clutch or grenading a front end, but I just want to make sure we can get it back to the trailer if I do. (SA and 302 will fix either)

Last edited by colsoncj; 07-16-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by colsoncj
On a semi-related note, I just bought a 93 roller HO 302 V8 with tranny... anyone fathom a guess what its goin in?

Uhhh..... Buick?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Contributing Member

Cass could be a cool trip also. Still don't know if I'll be able to come (don't count on it) but Cass and Disney are both cool
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 PM

At this point I am not sure if I am going to be able to make it. I don't think that I am going to be able to afford to go to Disney. Where is Cass?
I may have to see how things are looking in a week or so. I will keep an eye on the thread and see what things are looking like as we get closer to the the weekend.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

Mike, Cass is in Mid-West arkansas... Sounds good, just let us know, if it comes down to a distance thing and you could make Disney, but not Cass, we can easily just hit Disney... again, just let us know!

Hans, 302 is for the 4Runner... Thoughts on wheelin location, or the whereabouts and condition of a mister Gary Jalepeno (immigration status questionable) who was recently attacked, apparently, by a large beaver?

Anthony, hope you can join man...

John, any update if you can go?

Keith, still lookin good?

Last edited by colsoncj; 07-17-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:50 AM

He's still busy working over the beaver... but we should be able to force him to give up beaver long enough to go wheeling.

Cass sounds good to me.

Are you talking about the trail that we got Gary's Jeep wedged between some trees on? I still can't believe you were such as wuss and backed out of that.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member

Keith, still lookin good?
Yeah, I'm still coming. My two passengers are questionable at best, but unless something big happens I'll be there.

I have a small leak in my radiator, so I'm going to try to get a new one before then, but if not I'll just have to keep an eye on coolant level.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Contributing Member

John, any update if you can go?
Ummm... no, I get to replace a clutch in the Z3. I'll let everybody figure that one out on their own. Oh yeah, it's the wife's car.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Exeter
Yeah, I'm still coming. My two passengers are questionable at best, but unless something big happens I'll be there.

I have a small leak in my radiator, so I'm going to try to get a new one before then, but if not I'll just have to keep an eye on coolant level.
Just take it out and run it up to that radiator shop in Springdale they do a great job and it might cost you $10 at the most to have it up and runny again heck for that matter they would proably fix the whole thing cause I know it moves around a little.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

John, I'm sure the clutch will still be bad after the wheelin trip, you can do it then.... just bring the wife along!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

Still talkin' the 27th-29th? Jen will be done with her summer class by then.

She wants to go but she still won't buy me MTs, so I'll probably be using the spare at some point if I come

so... Cassville, camping @ Mary Cole?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Contributing Member

by cass we were talking Cass AR not cassville or MTNF (if you were making an assumption). spares are ok, i gotta get mine back before then..

So where is the choice to wheel?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ADH8796
Just take it out and run it up to that radiator shop in Springdale they do a great job and it might cost you $10 at the most to have it up and runny again heck for that matter they would proably fix the whole thing cause I know it moves around a little.
Been up there, had it repaired once for $15 and they said it couldn't be done again... Might try again?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:01 AM

Try radiatorbarn.com, they're cheap and have pretty fast shipping.

I got a Toyota replacement for my 85, it lasted 3 years. My radiator barn one is three years old now and hasn't started leaking yet.... so the quality is at least up to Toyota standards
Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

by cass we were talking Cass AR not cassville or MTNF (if you were making an assumption).
OK, yeah, I was making an assumption.

What's @ Cass, Byrd's Adventure Center?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Contributing Member

As it stands right now, Disney has the poll, but Cass wasnt included, and I'm guessing Hans is too lazy to vote.
Cass still isn't included and I'm also too lazy to vote.
I'll see if I can get some of the other Tulsa guys interested, too... got some new ones here with a minimal amount of mods.

Cass sounds good to me, I wouldn't mind going somewhere I haven't been. I'm assuming Byrd's and that would be... $5 or $10/ day/person + Camping fees of 6 or 8 per person, ... not too bad.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

It looks like Cass is going to be the choice... ya Byrds is there. I think we might have the camping part taken care of... pm hans.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Planning another trip before my SAS