Ozarks Ozarks Chapter

E Ok, S Mo, W Ar Trips

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Injohneer
Thats the place in Wyandotte I'd should have already visited to check out... I like how they wont let you bring any alcohol, but will gladly sell you some when you get inside the door...

Looks like it would be 20/rig plus 5/each additional person... Also looks like Sat is competition day and Sun is Trail ride day.

I couldnt make it out to there for this trip, gotta work on Sunday at 5, but this is a democracy... what does everyone else think?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If we get some people going, I might tag along. Plenty of time to ask off. I'll keep an eye open to see what happens.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Contributing Member

haha, I like how they say "MARCH 23th -25th"

I dunno, not sure that I want to go to this event, but I did want to post up a new potential place to go.

Originally Posted by colsoncj
You still goina make it the 24th?
of course. It's just a little vibration. I might even bring the parts, and slap them on when we're done wheeling.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

haha, I like how they say "MARCH 23th -25th"

I dunno, not sure that I want to go to this event, but I did want to post up a new potential place to go.

of course. It's just a little vibration. I might even bring the parts, and slap them on when we're done wheeling.
Well, I think we should stay our course if there's no complaints and go to Mark Twain on the 24th.

I know they have open weekends out there, we'll have to schedule a future trip out there to check it out!

Sound good?
Old 02-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

Word.

BTW, I sent an email to the HXOC president, figured we could have some fun with some Xterras out there, and since they run that area a lot we may get someone who knows the good spots.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

Nice Work!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 AM

This firmed up enough for its own thread? (Feb trip that is)

I REALLY want to go check out the Superlift park sometime. That should be a March/April trip.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Cargun
This firmed up enough for its own thread? (Feb trip that is)

I REALLY want to go check out the Superlift park sometime. That should be a March/April trip.
ya, started...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Contributing Member

Looks like we'll definately have more people this summer.

Mattbaby24
said he'd come out in April.

And several others indicated they'd have their rigs ready in a couple months...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

Sweet
Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

March trip.... 17th/18th?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:03 AM

Sounds like a good tenative plan.

Speaking of more people in a couple months... I may be unlazy enough to have a front driveshaft in a couple months
Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

Sounds like a good tenative plan.

Speaking of more people in a couple months... I may be unlazy enough to have a front driveshaft in a couple months
Try to be unlazy enough to have one by the 24th...

Maybe even a bumper and a winch!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Anyone else good/no good for the 17th/18th?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 AM

Cool, I wouldn't worry about the rock sliders that much. While I don't have experience with the 96+ Runners, I've wheeled both of the earlier body styles extensively without ever hitting a rocker panel. The rear bumpers and gas tank on the other hand.... they drag on EVERYTHING! So if you avoid stuff that'll kill the rear bumper (I'm guessing you'll want to keep that nice and shiny) and don't dent the gas tank skidplate, the chances of needing rock sliders are slim to none. That's the great thing about short wheelbase + high step in height.

Maybe some 96+ owners can comment about that specific body style, but they look pretty similar in proportions to the 84-95 rigs.

Edited to add: Yes, this is a blatant attempt to get another person to join our wheeling party in 2 weeks!
Habinaro....that's one thing we didn't talk about....the gas tank....

it seems to catch on EVERYTHING....

i had mine re-done and plated up really solid...like $80-ish

and sliders - do it.... the 3rd gen has a longer wheelbase...and yes, you WILL hit your rockers....even on simple stuff....esp here in the slippery ÅÅÅÅz of MO - you'll end up on some grade with your junk sliding sideways....and you'll get pinned to a tree wishing you would have spent money on the armor.

I think i may have said this - it's the midwest - EXPECT body damage!

Aaron
Old 02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

Received 468 Likes on 312 Posts
Amorphous, cool. I've got the go-ahead from the hubby for sliders...b-day present! Will have to remember the gas tank, good point. Maybe if I slim the grocery bill a little for a few months...

Anyway, wanna get some dom sliders, looking at 4xinnovations then thought of the guy who did your bumper. Wanna get hold of him to see if he does that sort of thing and if I can afford it but can't find the darned piece of paper you gave me. Organization, be not my middle name! Been meaning to pm you...

Any of y'all that have an opinion I'm sure happy to receive.

Am keeping an eye on the 17/18th....kinda depends on kids/weather, no way I would have made that last muddy weekend since I'm on highway tires.

So far....

I dunno that I'd want to do really muddy trails anyway....must be the mountain biker in me. You know, no riding on mud. Unless it's in a race. But that's another story.

Darned this no income thing!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by habanero
Amorphous, cool. I've got the go-ahead from the hubby for sliders...b-day present! Will have to remember the gas tank, good point. Maybe if I slim the grocery bill a little for a few months...

Anyway, wanna get some dom sliders, looking at 4xinnovations then thought of the guy who did your bumper. Wanna get hold of him to see if he does that sort of thing and if I can afford it but can't find the darned piece of paper you gave me. Organization, be not my middle name! Been meaning to pm you...

Any of y'all that have an opinion I'm sure happy to receive.

Am keeping an eye on the 17/18th....kinda depends on kids/weather, no way I would have made that last muddy weekend since I'm on highway tires.

So far....

I dunno that I'd want to do really muddy trails anyway....must be the mountain biker in me. You know, no riding on mud. Unless it's in a race. But that's another story.

Darned this no income thing!
Grant could TOTALLY build you some sliders - and would prolly cost less (no shipping, fully custom so they can look unique too - If i could go back and do it again - i'd build them like Schaefer did - with the kickouts around the tires = supa cool!) ...I'll PM the info to ya....

DON'T forget - factor in a body lift w/ the sliders (you might want to do that NOW even - it's only like $100 +/-) - because your sliders will sit up higher...
I can totally help you out on doing the BL - it was like a 3 hour job, the hangup was/were several rusty arse bolts(MISERY!) that had to be cut off. You have a '96 right? IIRC, they put 2 less bolts to the frame that year...witch w. the BL you can ADD those on!

yulp, you'll be needing some tires...bfg's I'd say, just due to the fact that they don't wear down like my Truxxus do....prolly worth the extra buckage...

Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

What are you lookin for in tires?

Also, kickouts on sliders I think are a good idea...
Old 02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 468 Likes on 312 Posts
Wasn't sure to do the body lift or maybe only an inch....was trying to decide which for the very reason you mentioned. Was thinking single kick-outs. 4x has 60", also wondering if I should go a few inches longer. Cargun is hopefully right, that I'll never need them, but being a raw beginner makes me think I should prepare. I'm bound to make some mistakes. It's kind of a pain...only $100 bucks when you don't make any and stretched the budget to stay at home with the kid is a mint. Year and a half more and he's in kindergarten. 1/2 day's worth of money's better than no money at all!

I've got in mind BFG A/Ts, hoping I can get away with those over the M/Ts because it is a DD. I agree with their being worth it. I think it's going to have to be awhile, my michelin ltx's still got a lot of meat and I cain't go replacing tires just cause I wanna.

Again, anybody who wants to chime in...
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

I completely understand waiting until you need new tires to put a set on... your other alternative (limited budget makes it hard....) would be to get a second set of rims and tires, some cheap rims and some MT's to use for the sole purpose of wheelin.

Quick Reply: E Ok, S Mo, W Ar Trips