Ozarks Ozarks Chapter

E Ok, S Mo, W Ar Trips

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by colsoncj
And Hans/Brian, I still to this day fail to understand how a tailight can prevent a tipover
It's a toyota tailight, they have powers. Actaully, i think Hans' rig would have headed back down on its own after another inch or two.

Where were you going anyway Hans?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by colsoncj

Keith, Sat/Sun works fine for me, and I'm sure Hans too. So I know you asked off, but are we a 100% go?
Not yet, I will go check my "mail" at work tomorrow at lunch, and if he hasn't responded there, I'll ask him in person.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Exeter
Not yet, I will go check my "mail" at work tomorrow at lunch, and if he hasn't responded there, I'll ask him in person.
sounds good!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

And since threads are worthless without pics, heres the taillight damage being referenced:

Old 02-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 469 Likes on 313 Posts
Originally Posted by Cargun
Hmmm, Brian.... weren't you with us when I rolled my truck and broke Cory's tail light with my roof rack?
Originally Posted by tulsa_97SR5
well, you tipped it in a very slow and careful manner, And Cory's 4runner took it's damage, and tipped you back over in a slow and careful manner. And it wasn't my rig
Oh geez...

Cool guys, thanks. Lemme get rid of these running boards, get a little steel under there, and I'll join you for a few Mo side camp n drives.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by habanero
Oh geez...

Cool guys, thanks. Lemme get rid of these running boards, get a little steel under there, and I'll join you for a few Mo side camp n drives.
Cool, I wouldn't worry about the rock sliders that much. While I don't have experience with the 96+ Runners, I've wheeled both of the earlier body styles extensively without ever hitting a rocker panel. The rear bumpers and gas tank on the other hand.... they drag on EVERYTHING! So if you avoid stuff that'll kill the rear bumper (I'm guessing you'll want to keep that nice and shiny) and don't dent the gas tank skidplate, the chances of needing rock sliders are slim to none. That's the great thing about short wheelbase + high step in height.

Maybe some 96+ owners can comment about that specific body style, but they look pretty similar in proportions to the 84-95 rigs.

Edited to add: Yes, this is a blatant attempt to get another person to join our wheeling party in 2 weeks!

Last edited by Cargun; 02-09-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Cargun
The rear bumpers and gas tank on the other hand.... they drag on EVERYTHING!
Good point, I'm glad I bolted my hitch on before heading out with you guys There were a few spot that I had no choice but to drag it. Did a great job protecting the rear bumper.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Wow. Thread got busy while I was mentally checked out.

I think I can make the 24th! Let's do it! Might even get my wife to come, too.

Just got new Firestone Destination A/Ts on, and yeah, they're just 31x10.5s but that means there's more room to stuff 'em! Plus with the extended warranty I bought, replacement is free for the next 50,000 miles. And the tread is actually a little deeper and more aggressive looking than I thought it would be.

Remember the camping spot on the 1045 LOOP? The place we DIDN'T camp, but thought would be a good spot? I camped out there last time and it's a great spot. I'd recommend going back there instead of camping out on the road.

Maybe we can run 1045 backwards like we tried last time, I have a stump to visit there. Shoot, 1045 is varied enough that it'll be fun for both new people and those who have run it a time or two.

If we get started early enough - I'm with Keith, let's make the most of our time - we could go on up to Mary Cole / 1059 where Hans broke down the first time.

By the way, for anyone who hasn't been to Mark Twain or who hasn't seen the trail report thread from last September, clicky here.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Exeter
i really liked that first trail (only trail? ) we did in mark twain. i dont have specific places, but if you know any other places ABOUT that difficulty, with same type of obstacles, I'm down.
1059 off the Mary Cole was about like 1045, and I think there is a LOT more off Mary Cole that we need to explore.

I ran down most of the other stuff between Roaring River State Park and 1045 last time, there's nothing there worth driving down unless you're looking for a spot to park for camping or hunting.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

*post whore*

OK not really.

Keith, are you gonna be able to stay overnight this time?
If so, what about Friday night?

It'll be cool in the mornings, probably even freezing, but that's not an excuse to drag butt. If Cory and Hans wanna party the night before, you and I might hit up some trails before they show up I'd rather wheel, anyway!

Brian, are you comin'?

I saw someone new on YT with Tulsa listed as their location... maybe I can find that post again and send them a PM to come with.

Habanero, it'll be a pleasure having you join us! The only big thing to worry about at Cassville is your paint job. If you drive more carefully than me, you can probably save a few scratches. And if my wife rides with you, she will let you know when you're about to scratch the passenger side. Hopefully she won't see this post.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Injohneer
Keith, are you gonna be able to stay overnight this time?
If so, what about Friday night?
I can be there either late Friday evening after work... or real early Saturday. either way. and YES i will be staying the night this time.

EDIT: oh yeah! got the time off request approved, so as of this afternoon, I'll plan on being there.

Last edited by Exeter; 02-09-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

Brian, are you comin'?
I'm going to be lame and skip out again, we are going out of twon a few days after that, too much stuff to do.

How has everything been going John?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

OK, so we are a go.

Plan on everyone meeting up at my house on Sat as early as possible, then all head out?

Someone should PM Fink and MTGoat and get them to come out.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tulsa_97SR5
How has everything been going John?
Busy, busy. Last few months put me on the road a lot. Was home all of Jan and will be for a while.

Got a slight problem w/ front end, Hibdon's says I need new tie rod ends and I know I need to replace the sway bar bushings - it's basically disco'd on the passenger side. Somehow I think that's connected to me ripping the pass. CV boot. Been working on the house & busy with church and whatnot.

You?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Woo Hoo! I found some locals!
I'm in the process of giving my runner a major face lift, but its taking me forever... Keep me in mind the next time there is a wheeling trip in the making
Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ozarks_Runner
Woo Hoo! I found some locals!
I'm in the process of giving my runner a major face lift, but its taking me forever... Keep me in mind the next time there is a wheeling trip in the making
Welcome! Just keep an eye on the thread, and you're more than welcome to join anytime!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I searched on here and found about 15 or 20 Arkie/Okei/Mo's and PM'd 'em all.

I wanna get this little group of ours goin' good, so this summer we can have something once a month. I'd like for it to be the kind of group that, if you can't make it this month, no biggie - they'll have fun and seeya next time.

Some of us will probably be more into trail runs like this, some more into crawling, and some more into competition events at the ORV parks. That's cool, we'll all support each other. Personally, I think the more the better!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Contributing Member

I wanna get this little group of ours goin' good, so this summer we can have something once a month. I'd like for it to be the kind of group that, if you can't make it this month, no biggie - they'll have fun and seeya next time.

Some of us will probably be more into trail runs like this, some more into crawling, and some more into competition events at the ORV parks. That's cool, we'll all support each other. Personally, I think the more the better!
I agree!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Contributing Member

Oh hey, check this out.

http://www.dday4x4.com/muddygras.htm
Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Contributing Member

Got a slight problem w/ front end, Hibdon's says I need new tie rod ends and I know I need to replace the sway bar bushings - it's basically disco'd on the passenger side. Somehow I think that's connected to me ripping the pass. CV boot.
You still goina make it the 24th?

Quick Reply: E Ok, S Mo, W Ar Trips