South Carolina South Carolina Chapter

Anyone active in SC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone active in SC?

Anyone active in SC?

I'd love to get together with some other 4Runner enthusiasts in the area. I'm in Charleston right now, but have a house in Columbia and Greenville.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The SC4ROC chapter folded when the organizer Neliconcept was banned. I believe he organized 1 run but I wasn't able to attend. You are in the Greenville area I see. I am in Pickens. You may want to check out http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...188?ref=search on facebook. They do rides every month. I haven't gone to any of them though. If you want to PM me we can make a run up to Gorges St. Park in North Carolina. It's primarily a stock 4x4 trail but it's a pretty run.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member

Mike, I've actually never done a run, but just got a lift, and I'd love to do one.

However, I'm from Greenville, but am actually in Charleston now at the law school. If I get back up to the upstate, I'd be glad to go one day.

Anyone in Charleston? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM

beaufort?
uwaharrie trip weekend after thanx giving
Old 11-08-2010, 05:53 PM

I'm located in columbia and work with another guy who'd also be down to take is 4runner out.

Both of ours are pretty much stock though.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:51 AM

my dad went last time with his stock land cruiser, had no problems.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't take my 4runner out much anymore since I've gotten a 4 wheeler but I know of a place just nortIh of the SC border in Cashiers NC that's open year round and good for a stock rig especially when it rains. It's a place called Gorges St. Park access. Very pretty at this time of year. If you want directions I can give them to you.

There is also a place on the same hwy that's open seasonally called Bad Creek Project AKA Mustergrounds but the last time I went most of the gates were closed and turned into only a 4hour ride.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wyeah uharrie trip like blaine said, weekend after thanksgiving. Run what ya brung. We'll be camping there the whole weekend. Pm either him or I for more info.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:09 PM

Ahh man that sounds pretty awesome! I'm going to try and see what the plan is for that weekend. My girl probably has something planed since that friday is my 21st.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM

Well happy birfday bro. Camping is free at uwharrie btw. And the trails close for the winter 2nd week of dec so its really the last chance to do some real trail riding before spring. It'd be a fun time. Couple coolers of beer, some good camp fire food. Byob. The more the merrier.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by GranVille-4crawler
Well happy birfday bro. Camping is free at uwharrie btw. And the trails close for the winter 2nd week of dec so its really the last chance to do some real trail riding before spring. It'd be a fun time. Couple coolers of beer, some good camp fire food. Byob. The more the merrier.
Where's/What's uwharrie? Not sure I know of this park/campground. Don't think I could make the weekend after Thanksgiving, but interested for the future.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:00 PM

Its near troy nc. Uwharrie natl forrest. Pretty fun
Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 AM

i'm in charleston as well. dont know of anywhere in the area to go wheeling. If you know of anything i'm down to go. I plan on doing a trip to Gulches (if i cant find anywhere better) in march.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by kl89runner
i'm in charleston as well. dont know of anywhere in the area to go wheeling. If you know of anything i'm down to go. I plan on doing a trip to Gulches (if i cant find anywhere better) in march.
Hey man I don't know of anything around here. I've been chatting with a couple of friends that have some land nearby that we may be able to do some wheeling on.

There is a road/trail near me that I've been doing some tooling around on. It's a utility access road that goes behind some apartments near me and it's been so beaten up, with some deep holes, that the power company trucks can't use it anymore. I noticed last week that they brought out a bush hog and cut a new access. It's only about a 200 yard stretch, but there's a couple mud holes to get dirty in.

Anyway, if you find anything local or want to make a run somewhere hit me up. I'm all stock pretty much except for the 3" toytec.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Rocks are way more fun than mud. Who wants to clean their truck for hours and deal with brake issues. Make the drive to gulches uwharrie. I'm orig from beaufort so I know there isn't much down that way as far as hills and rocks go. Only mud but after ruining countless sets of brakes I stay far far away from the stuff. When were you planning on going to gulches. I'd be interested in going
Old 11-18-2010, 03:37 AM

@98SR5RUNNER i dont mind some mud, would have to be sometime after next week because i just put on 36s (i have some half worn out 33s you could buy for $200) and next week i'm swapping gears and putting in a rear locker, so after thats complete ill go ride somewhere. @granville I am planning on doing a trip to gulches or maybe somewhere more upstate, but most likely gulches, which will be sometime in March. I dont want to go when its too cold and i've got alot of work to complete on the runner before i go there.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and I am from Greenville. Shoot me a PM when anyone wants to get together for a ride. I spend most my time in the jocassee gorges but am open to other spots as well. Would like to check out uwharrie too!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM

bump for an old thread, i'm in the charleston/goose creek/summerville area if anyone wants to play!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bill_runner
bump for an old thread, i'm in the charleston/goose creek/summerville area if anyone wants to play!
I'm in Goose Creek. Rarely get off the pavement these days, but if you know of a good place, feel free to share!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Not sure if anybody still watches this thread but there are some guys toward Lake Wylie that have some places to play. Check em out on nc4x4

Quick Reply: Anyone active in SC?