FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

What Options would you go for?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Options would you go for?

Ok this is for those who already have one, and those who have researched them like myself.

Now that you have driven them and lived with what ever options you got, would you do somthing different?

I love some of the options but more and more I read about the weak(???) elocker. My 98 taco has an elocker and I have had zero troubles. Not sure if somthing is different or not. Going aftermarket almost seems easier than the new gray wire mod( red wire mod or was it blue )

What would you get. I have been looking at these fj's and I think I might pull the trigger but need more info. My needs are basically same as taco, will be mildy modified bigger meats slight lift maybe an addition of winch. Its a DD that I can still get to hunting camp with my gear dry and now my kids are older and will be coming along alot more. I have considered a double cab but hate the look of the new tacos and hate the hood front grill look(2001 introduced that ewww) Plus I tow bikes and a boat...I think the new engine would be a step up here so no big deal.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking for one with the Conv Pkg and locking diff. With this setup you can do the A-track mod. With this in mind I was able to tell the salesman that is all I wanted. I didn't need to pay for any of the other cr@p. They finally saw that I meant it and I ended up getting one with up2 for 2K off witch was only a couple of hundred more than what I wanted. I do like the audio controls on the steering wheel though.

mike
Old 09-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
These were my ops, the CQ (conv. package( and upgrade package 1
http://www.pnw4runners.com/fj/my%20quote1.jpg

I went for the Upgrade package since it comes with the upgraded head unit, alloy wheels, and other stuff.

Then all I added was the wheel locks, roof rack, and the hitch.

I would do it all over again the same way.

I am very happy with it.

It does tick me off though that you have to order packages to get some items you want/do not need.

Like you can not get the clinometer/compass/temp gauge by itself, you have to order up1 or the cq to get it, and also to get the rear wiper you must order the cq package.

But...that is how Toyota makes their $$$ I guess.

I am not convinced there is any weakness in the E locker, so I am not going to run out and get an ARB Air Locker to replace it.
I have read a few isolated reports on it, but there will always be exceptions.

Just like all these broken windshields I read about.
Not one chip on mine, and I have had the rig since 7-24-06.