FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

FJ outsells 4Runner in April

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BT17R
Jeez, tough group. I haven't seen that full-line ad yet or didn't notice the FJ. To your average bloke, it would gain about as much recognition as the make and model of the tractor pulling the car transporter.

It was a Peterbilt model 387.

J/K, I really have no idea. I wasn't mentioning anything to be contradictory, just noting that the FJ had a cameo in a "look at our new lineup" type ad. I agree that to most outside of the 4x4 community, it probably went unnoticed.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

after test driving the first one , i told myself and my buddies , this rig will be 4x4 of the year if toyota gets these out to the buyers , after driving my 6 speed i still think they will be 4x4 of the year , so much get up and go , im liking this 4.0 and the bumps are absorbed with this suspension , im goingto miss that when i lift it next payday, hopefully it wont affect it too much.
when i bought my fj , the dealer had 3 on the premises, one yellow already sold but sitting up front , one blue , hidden away i nthe back , sold to some canuck that didnt want to wait for canada to get theres , and the one i bought. earlier they had the wine colored one i test drove the a/t one , and i saw it the other day with idaho plates on it. i did see a silver one in pasco, wa today.

i get a ton of people looking and even had a lady at costco , say hey theres another one of those toyotas , pretty loudly as her husband was loading something in the car.
it gets noticed thats for sure .
as far as the not being able to see , it does take some getting used too, but they also come with the back up sensor , i would suggest using it.

i had a buddy at work check my fj out last night ( hes a huge jeep fan) he took it for a spin i nthe parking lot , hes in love. if he hadnt just bought his wife a vovlo xc last year hed be buying one.

look out jeep , heres comes your compettion.

airrikk17
Old 05-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tulsa_97SR5
Our main local toyota dealer, Jim Norton said they have had three come through. They were all sold before they hit the lot. All to friends of the owner or manager.
The other Yota dealer here, Riverside, had sold two by early April - one guy had seen it on the delivery truck and followed the truck to the dealer, bought it before it hit the lot.

I finally saw one yesterady...it took me a long time because I'm not on the road much.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a fun experience at my favorite BBQ store yesterday. When I walked out, a couple guys and a gal were waiting next to the FJ to talk about it. I showed her around, then she got down to look at the frame and driveline, talked pricing and found that she knew FJ-40's and loved the retro design cues. She whipped out her cell phone. Her hubby was in a Honda dealership about to sign papers for an Element. She stopped the deal and sent him to their Toyota dealership to buy an FJ instead. Score one Honda Element conquest from an unlikely FJ enthusiast!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by JHupp
I wouldnt say no advertising. For the last 3 months there has been a full page ad in ORA for them. I don't get much media exposure, but hat I did notice. If anyones havin' a hard time findin one the same two have been sitting outside of Crystal Auto Mall in NJ, and I have yet to see one on the road.
here is Boston and suburbs, and southern NH...I have seen TONS of them on the road...
Old 06-15-2006, 03:51 PM

They had a write up in the local newspaper a couple of months ago, now my neighbor wants one (she drives a VW bug). They do advertise just enough to catch the general population also (her friend wants one too)

There are quite a few on the road around here too now