General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission issues related to Shift Lock ECU?? 85' P/U

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission issues related to Shift Lock ECU?? 85' P/U

My 85' pickup 4x4 Xtracab wants to shift from 1st, to 2nd, then to OD when shifter is in D. I have replaced the Solenoids, same thing. I read on a post that escapes me now of someone else having these exact sytmptoms. He ended up cutting the 2 sender wire from the shift lock ECU and driving it in 2, ECU thought it was in D, allowing shifting into 3rd, then would bump into D. Every now and then, my Shiftlock wont let me turn past ACC.. seems completely random but is making me suspect this shiftlock ecu . Looking for some wiring diagrams to test pins between ECU and shiftlock ecu, to ensure wiring is good. any test with this unplugged one might recommend or something? I'd rather diagnose than throw parts at this issue if anyone has any pointers.

This is my 1st of what will be many threads/posts. Just got this truck and have never been so enamored by anything. My wife is already Jealous.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-2017, 06:01 PM

Transmission is A340H 4 speed auto if that helps..
Old 03-29-2017, 03:56 AM

Here is what I am basing some of my Troubleshooting on. The ONLY other account of my same problem I have been able to find on the web..

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...r-only-192759/