General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 fzj80 p0135 electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 fzj80 p0135 electrical issues

So I'm getting a p0135 which is a short or open circuit on the heater portion of the number 1 o2 sensor. It is not the sensor but from what I have diagnosed it's the body side of the wiring. On the scan tool the sensor does not sweep from .1v-.9v like it should and I tested the body side plug with a voltmeter and it showed .3 volts at most for the heater. Where the rear o2 sensor functions properly and read 14v across all circuits. I'm assuming I have power going to the sensor since it still trys to read the data but I did not power probe it for ground or power will do tomorrow.(didn't have time) I'll test that tomorrow but my question is has anyone ever encountered this problem? And what you did to fix it? I would just run another wire to the computer but according to the wiring diagrams I looked at there is a relay before it goes to the computer and it's barried in the dash and I'm unsure of it's location. Is it possible to run an o2 simulator of some sort and have the vehicle run the way it's supposed to? Thanks to anyone who gives an answer or an idea
Old 04-13-2017, 12:51 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Glad the Celica still runs !!

Unless your ECM got wet they are pretty good.

Your sure the heater in the sensor has not burned out ??

Seeing any Physical damage to the wiring under vehicle ??

I have had corroded connections at the O2 sensor plug cause this code

This is a new vehicle to me so I have no EWD`s
Old 04-13-2017, 01:15 PM

Well the Celica sort of runs. haven't driven in like two years because of the body work I don't seem to have time for... But I'm glad to see you're still active on here!! I tested the sensor it's self and it was fine(only did an ohm test). I compared it to the other o2 sensor. The body plug just showed no almost no voltage compared to the rear o2 sensor that operates fine. Id really like to resolve it so doesn't burn so much fuel. But if I can't figure it out before the end of the month I'll have to get a simulater for it to put out the check engine light so I can get it inspected since my current cars inspection runs out the end of this month. I tried researching this online and found nothing. The previous owner said it was a common issue and I needed to replace the computer but I doudt the computer is at fault
Old 04-13-2017, 01:23 PM

This is the PDF I used for wiring diagrams page 63 Is the one your looking for
​​​ https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...wTICacmst-6jXA
Old 04-15-2017, 03:12 PM

Well even though only one person tried to help... It turned out to be a broken wire. Just ran a new wire from computer to sensor and it fixed the problem. There was no relay like I thought I misread the diagram and had another set of eyes look and it worked out
Old 04-16-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Glad you got it figured out.

Just where did the wire break ?? Then maybe you couldn`t locate just where just that it was open.