General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 Toyota pickup Headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 Toyota pickup Headlight issues

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out why my headlights don't work for quite some time now. There is no high beam,no lo beam or day time running lights, dimmer switch does not work either. I've checked all the lights, fuses and relays, my parts truck's headlight work fine so I test everything in there. I have taken apart the steering column to test the switches, checked all fuses and pretty sure I have checked all the grounds..The one under dash on left side of vehicle, and the one on both sides of front inner fenders. I checked all the relays I could find, the obvious one under the hood for the dimmer and headlight, and founds one under the dash/steering wheel, and behind the glove box, they were all fine. Unsure If there's another one I'm missing.. Id assume there's only one for the headlights and one for dimmer.. I have the circuit box with the fuses and relays under the hood flipped over to expose the wiring and found when I poked the thin red and green wire with my test light, (clipped to the negative terminal on battery) the one that leads into the headlights relay the lights will go on. I have taken apart most of the panneling so I could inspect the wires and gain access to all fuses and relay. Still no luck... I'm out of ideas... Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks