Alarm Systems Discussion related to installation, diagnostics, and purchasing of alarm systems

Hornet 275T suddenly not working....ideas?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hornet 275T suddenly not working....ideas?

I've had a Hornet 275T alarm installed in my truck since 2004 (had local electronics shop install for me). It's been great and worked well since new. It's the simple 2 button ("I" and "II") remote, where "I" arms/disarms, and "II" makes it silent (arm/disarm).

It has the "Valet" little black button installed in the driver kick panel, and there are 2 fuses for the system (red and blue) just above the kick panel.

Over the years, I've taken the blue fuse out to do minor eletronics work - basically whenever I replace the battery or disconnect the battery. When the battery was hooked back up, I'd like reconnect the blue fuse, wait for the alarm to sound (immediately) and hit "disarm" on the remote. All was well after that, each and every time.

Recently, I disconnected the fuses (both red and blue) when installing new battery cables. After everything was set up again, I installed the fuses again. Through some combination of fuse installation, valet button pressing, and remote pressing, the alarm doesn't work....although it has gone off during all my fiddling after the cable reinstall.

NOW, the car seems to be in "valet mode" permanently. the red LED on the dash ("armed") stays blinking when parked or driven. However, the alarm doens't sound. Nor does the remote lock/unlock work anymore (but my power locks work on the door when pressed).

I've pored over the manual and searched the internet but cannot recreate the problem/solution.

Does anyone have a suggestion for where to start??

thanks

Phil
Old 03-30-2010, 08:53 AM

37 views and no ideas?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 AM

VICTORY!

re-read the manual with the INSTALL instructions (hadn't read that part before because I didn't install it...)....and there was a section on pairing the remote to the alarm for different modes, using a combination of key in ignition, pressing the "valet" button (and holding it), and pressing buttons on the remote. Turns out that I had errantly done this when I last messed with it, and engaged some kind of silent/alarm castration mode....and that's why it wasn't working. I spent 10 seconds following the apiring mode for "default" and PRESTO....my alarm and remote locking works - YEEHAW!!