General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Inspection/emissions sticker falling off...any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Inspection/emissions sticker falling off...any advice?

I recently (July'09) had my Yota 4runner inspected by the same shop that has been doing it for the last 7 years or so.
It is now Sept. and both the emissions inspection and the regular inspection stickers are starting to fall off. One is falling off on the edge/corner...the other is showing "air bubbles" in the middle of sticker where it is not adhereing.
Anyone have and idea's on how to get these stickers to "re-stick"?
I know this is a touchy thing to do,as if them stickers look remotley tampered with...here in good ol' Lancaster,Pa....you'll get pulled over fast. Nevermind the drug dealers...these po-po are out for the stickers!!!
I talked to the mechanic that inspected my rig and put the stickers on and all he clammered was "I'll have to charge you for new stickers and just hope that they stick better"..
When in all actual accounts,I watched this guy scrape off the old ones and apply the new ones with lighning speed because he was in a hurry to go home that day. I even politely asked him to put them on with good care,so they wont fall off.
His reply..."ah...these things never come off,I've never seen one come off in all my years...yadda,yadda,yadda".
I've come to the conclusion,that fighting this guy over new stickers for free(which I think is only fair,due to his screw up) is pointless.
So...before I even decide to mess with em...I'd like to see if anyone has some tips on getting them to stick,or...do I throw the screws to this guy and contact the local state police to quarrel this matter?
Which,I'd really hate to do,but...
Old 09-07-2009, 11:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The only thing i can think of, and i don`t know if this will work or not, is to clean the area around the stickers and get some of that clear box tape and put it over both stickers, or get some super glue and put just a little on the part thats comming loose and that should hold it.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:49 AM

I was thinking of dabbing some super glue where needed,but I was told that might deteriorate the stickers. Part of an anti-theft thing designed into the stickers.
The box tape idea,I would do,except for like I mentioned. Here in Lancaster,Pa...If a copper even see's that...it's a fine. say i get pulled over for something minor...like a tail light. If the copper see's that,they won't even question it...it's an automatic ticket with a summons to have the vehichle reinspected.
Don't ask...these coppers are for some reason trained to bust people for sticker tampering.
such a crock...like I said...never mind the drug dealers...
Old 09-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
would it be possible to put some super glue just on the very edge of the sticker, im talking just a dab, nothing more ?.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:06 PM

Yeah...i think that's what Im gonna end up doing. :>)