Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Understanding what model I have here in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Understanding what model I have here in the UK

Hi guys I`m really struggling to find out what you call the toyota pick up I have here in the UK . Or what model you would call it ?

I know it as a MK5 2wd xtra cab.here. Help please.

I have already done the usual lowering mods,wind down the torsion bars,fit lowering blocks added 19" rims Looks pretty slick to me anyway. You guys get all the fun out there as every body knows what it is . Over here they just give you a vacant face WTF is that. I`ve added some details below. Hope you guys can assist on what parts fit yours and mine. I`m really after drop spindles. Thank you in advance. I have tried to add a picture/hope it works

2003 D4D engine KDN150R is the model
Old 12-30-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Looks like it might share some Tacoma Body parts but who knows what else??

It sits much to low to the ground for most of us

Engine Pictures might help

The Non Us market get some really neat vehicles we rarely see only if Uncle Sam brings them home.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
It is a Hilux. We don't have it here in the U.S. and we prefer to raise it, not lower it
Old 12-30-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by wyoming9
Looks like it might share some Tacoma Body parts but who knows what else??

It sits much to low to the ground for most of us

Engine Pictures might help

The Non Us market get some really neat vehicles we rarely see only if Uncle Sam brings them home.
I will get some engine picture tommorrow Thank you
I take on your comment about being up there My first hilux or a 91 sr5 do you call it was this . But after years of being up there as I`m getting old and good old government we have here was a 4y with skyjacker suspension

and I used to play with it on occasion. But most of our play places are now shut down

We still own the red one I think you call it the forerunner we call it the surf
Old 12-30-2017, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
It is a Hilux. We don't have it here in the U.S. and we prefer to raise it, not lower it
Sorry not worked out how to multi quote yet But after years of being up there I needed a change as happens when you get old over here I know this is pure toyota forum and hope I don`t break any rules by posting a picture of a lesser 4WD but something we had great fun in. I hope you approve ?

This was just a pure toy
Old 12-30-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
For the US market from my understanding our "Pickup" 1995 and older is the same as the Hilux overseas. US market lost it when the Tacoma was introduced in mid 1995 and later. The Surf and 4Runner are the same as well from my understanding. Sadly we don't get the D4D diesel over here, or atleast it's so super rare it's worth like $3-5k for just the engine. Only way I know to get a D4D engine is to buy a half cut over seas and ship here which costs a lot.

Not sure what the green machine is, some sort of Mini on a 4x4 frame?

I think the bottom pic is a Suzuki Samurai. If I remember right, it's a pretty common upgrade over here to throw Toyota axles under it (wider and stronger) and sometimes the swap would include the 22r/re + trans.

I never been in a Samurai, but there was a guy local playing in a mud pond along side trucks with 44in+ tires full size trucks. The big trucks would put their truck in 2wd and bury the back end, then put it in 4x4 to see if they could get unstuck. That samurai had like 33 or 35in tires and the guy just beat the snot out of it, hit one of those holes and basically dissapeared and popped up the other side lol. He must have had the intake sealed up pretty good and hooked up to suck from side the truck or something.

Last edited by atcfixer; 12-30-2017 at 02:50 PM.