Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Maintenance Tool Kit for a Beginner

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reed23
he must have confused where snap on makes tier half brands like williams tools, which also brands Case International tools
With so many buy ups these days its hard to keep track of who makes what where.
I inherited almost all my tools from my grandfather, thats why I say go to walmart by stanley tools and work the crap outta them.
Made in the USA by what was Proto, but same tools same foundries/forges, my son has lost, beaten and abused Stanleys its whats in my unlocked box and in my travel set
Why buy twice? buy a good set to begin with and they'll last you a lifetime except the ones you hit with the lawnmower(son) lol
Old 03-25-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't have posted that if I didn't know. Do you think Snap On laid off all of the Williams and Bahco employees and tore down their factories when they bought them out? Do you think Apple makes your iPhone? Shouldn't have even brought it up so that's all I'll say about it.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:20 PM

samsung actually makes the iphone, I dont like apple, too much mark up and they dont actually make any of thier own stuff. williams and bahco I think are made in taiwan still, I know they arent u.s. based anymore. while most of snap on is although they arent stamped made in usa anymore, kinda irratating, wonder if they are going to move thier stuff overseas
Old 03-25-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just something to think about. Foxconn makes the iPhone. I've been using their motherboards for years and they are top quality. Having someone else make your product is often a good thing. Caterpillar, where I worked for a decade, makes the best parts in the world. When they decide that they can't make a better part than someone else, they buy them out. Cat's best hydraulic pumps and valves are made by Kawasaki and the best small engine block they have ever had is made by Kubota because Perkins quality had gone down hill over the years.

My point is that nobody can make all of their own tools and be the best in every category. Brands must outsource in order to be competitive. Your Toyota has Aisin hydraulics and Denso electronics. That's just how the world works.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Charchee
Wouldn't have posted that if I didn't know. Do you think Snap On laid off all of the Williams and Bahco employees and tore down their factories when they bought them out? Do you think Apple makes your iPhone? Shouldn't have even brought it up so that's all I'll say about it.

I dont use apple products
Nor Foxconn im a gigabyte, Asrock guy
My tools are all Proto bought as a set of 1500 pcs. in 1978 and gave to my grandfather while still working in Detroit, when I left Detroit the tools came with me

Last edited by SwVa_1stGen; 03-26-2017 at 06:28 AM.