Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Another 4.3 swap question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another 4.3 swap question

Alright so I've actually been working on this swap for about a year just gathering parts and money for my early model 85 4runner. Now I am very close to getting everything together. I have a good 4.3 vortec motor from a 99 S10 that I got for only $125, I picked up a R150f and have all the adapter parts from advanced adapters including motor mounts, toyota gear driven tcase (with adapter), I have a computer and wiring harness from Howell harnesses. Im currently looking into the radiator which I found out would be 19x22 (which should be easy to find). I know I will have to change out hoses with this swap but the thing I'm having a hard time finding is more about which fuel pump I can run and just get a regular fuel filter and make it work. Also which fan to run (part numbers please) and can I still use my stock fuse boxes or would I have to go get some from a 99 S10 or blazer? I'm on the final stretch of this swap and just need some advice. So to sum this up my question is what fuel pump to use (if I can use 22re stock pump), fan part numbers, and what do I do about the fuse boxes?
Attached Thumbnails Another 4.3 swap question-img_2603.jpg  
Old 08-01-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I used a replacement in-tank pump (just the pump itself, not the whole assembly) for a gm and put it on the Toyota assembly. Im using the Toyota fuel filter from the 3.0 (what my 4runner had originally). I used a speedway GM 19x22 radiator with a spal electric fan on a homemade fan shroud. I cant find the part number right now on the fan. You have to keep all the Toyota fuses. Your howell harness should have a fuse block already on it. If it does, you should be set. If not, look at lt1swap.com for help with fuses for the motor.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bump530
I used a replacement in-tank pump (just the pump itself, not the whole assembly) for a gm and put it on the Toyota assembly. Im using the Toyota fuel filter from the 3.0 (what my 4runner had originally). I used a speedway GM 19x22 radiator with a spal electric fan on a homemade fan shroud. I cant find the part number right now on the fan. You have to keep all the Toyota fuses. Your howell harness should have a fuse block already on it. If it does, you should be set. If not, look at lt1swap.com for help with fuses for the motor.

Thank you for the help. I plan on starting this up this weekend. Im moving here soon so a lot has been on hold. But the howell did not come with any fuse boxes so i will look into the fuses needed on the site