Notices
Items Wanted Vehicle and non vehicle related

WTB[SouthCent]: Want to buy a electronic cluster with tach

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 06:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Want to buy a electronic cluster with tach

I have a 92 with electronic speedometer and i would like to swap to a tach cluster. Please let me know if you have one and a price shipped to 71328
Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
I might have one. Is your truck a manual or auto? (Autos have the gear selector in the cluster sometimes). I'd suspect auto would work in a manual, but it would be best to double check on the wire diagrams.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:19 AM

I have a manual. Honestly i would much rather have a manual cluster to keep it looking right
Old 03-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Do you have a picture of the cluster you have
Old 03-03-2017, 08:53 AM

I pulled the one I had in mind (22re + MT) and it had a cable driven speedometer + tach. Not sure if the speedometer section can be swapped out or not. I checked the 22re auto truck and it was electronic, but the cluster was pulled already.

I have a couple v6 trucks that have electric speedometers (didn't check for tach), but they were low miles (104k and 128k), and kind of want to keep them around for mileage proof when I go to sell the engines.

I have another V6 truck at my parents place, but it's a high mileage truck, does that matter to you? Pretty sure I remember it having a tach, and it seems most v6 trucks are electric speedometers. The truck has around 512k miles (runs and drives but body is rusted to nothing so I'm planning to part it out.).

Pretty sure I already ebay'ed off the other instrument clusters. All the trucks above are 92-95.

I should be able to pull the part and get photos of the 500k cluster if you're ok with the miles (or swap the speedometer section out with yours).
Old 03-03-2017, 11:44 AM

I dont mind the mileage. I will set it according to my current mileage. Whats the going price on them? I had pulled one from a 94 4runner i thought was V6 and it was cable so i couldnt use it.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:45 PM

Looks like both styles (cable vs electronic), and both layouts (with vs without tach) all run around $75-100 on ebay, electric ones are listed currently for higher prices, but none in the sold history. I wasn't looking for ebay prices, but I like to use that as a price reference.

Anyway, 512k miles truck had a cable speedometer .

There is another small difference between 4x4 and 2wd clusters (the 4x4 indication light), both might be the same, just the 2wd could be missing the socket/bulb.

I also have a 4runner that might have the electronic cluster, but it's a 3.0L automatic.

How soon do you need the cluster? Some time in the spring I'll probably be pulling the two engines and listing them locally for sale for the two with low miles (one is 4x4 and the other 2wd), after the engines sell, the rest of the trucks would be getting parted out.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:07 PM

I dont nessecarily need it anytime soon. Id like to find one just to have a tach
Old 03-06-2017, 12:13 PM

I made a listing for the engines, so if/when they sell the gauge clusters can be up for grabs. Of course if you find one before then, go ahead and grab it, not point in waiting for mine.