Notices
Items Wanted Vehicle and non vehicle related

1st gen 4Runner to use as a DD.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st gen 4Runner to use as a DD.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE YOU THINK I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN. I won't be checking this thread too often.

Looking for an 84-89 4Runner for a reasonable price and in reasonable condition to be a DD. I'm not looking to spend much more than maybe $2500, $3k max if it's real clean. I'm not expecting it to be perfect, but I have no use for something with a bad frame or a truck that's been on it's roof, etc.

Not afraid of higher miles, but don't expect me to pay top dollar for a truck with over 200k on it...

Must be a standard transmission and 4x4. I can't stress that enough. I have no desire whatsoever for an auto or a 2wd, even if it's the deal of the century.
Preferably a 4cyl, (22RTE would be great ) but I won't say no to a 6cyl if it has less than like 150k on the clock (and yes I'd like the extra power but I hate that V6, what a POS engine. Higher miles on those scare me).

I'm not looking for something that's heavily modified really, just more problems in the long run. Once again, if it's reasonable to use as a DD then let me know, I don't have my heart set on a stocker, I just don't want something unruly. It can have some rust, shltty paint or dents are cool, but I don't want a truck that the whole side is smashed in or rotting off. You know, a reasonable truck. Also, I would take a pickup if it's in good shape, I like them a lot too but won't pay nearly as much since I pretty much am just looking for the 4runner at this point.

Don't care if it has A/C or not, don't care about power windows or any other comfort features, the thing doesn't even have to have a radio. I just want it to be a solid driver, and maybe a halfway decent interior. Being fully loaded won't make me want to spend more, I could barely care less about such things.

I know this sounds super specific and kind of picky, but hey what the hell I figured I'd give it a shot. And hey, if your truck isn't exactly what I'm looking for, still let me know what you've got, I may still be interested. I live in Connecticut, I'd like to buy something I can drive home. It can be a few hundred miles away, I don't mind driving far-ish but I'm not trying go cross-country in an unregistered truck that I don't even know how well it runs yet...

Hope to find something relatively soon. As of now I'm stuck daily driving my old Datsun 280zx that I stripped out for track use (yep, no heat either) and winter's coming... Needa get sumthin before it gets bad out there and I can't get to work

Thanks for taking the time to read my list of demands lol

Last edited by Switchtr3; 09-19-2012 at 04:03 PM.