Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

winch help

Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
winch help

just bought a xrc-10 winch from my friend was looking on how to install it on a 93 4 runner, i heard it was easy, if someone could give me some pointers on how to that would be great
Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Talking

Well first off what all did you get with the winch???

Most winch mounts need some sort of winch mount bumper if in fact you are mounting it to the front .

You need to figure out just where you want to mount this thing..

Can not the person you bought this from help mount it ???

It is just 2 things the physical mounting of the winch. the electrical wiring . You may have to make or buy any or all the parts needed to do this.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x2, Wyoming9. waaay too little information. if there is no way to mount the winch on the vehicle already, like a stout, frame-mounted winch bumper, you may want to look into getting a hitch-receiver style winch mount, and then getting a front hitch receiver for the 4runner. That would allow you, with some fancy wiring, to run the winch for either the front or the rear of the vehicle allowing you not only a lot of versatility, but a measure of security if you ever find yourself parking your toy near civilization. If you're going rock crawling with the thing, I suggest you just have him man up and buy a full out front winch bumper as it provides a lot of important armor up there. I'm sure you can even find a nice front and rear armorlike bumper set with receiver hitches built in, I know marlincrawler makes a superb rear bumper like that... anyhow... try posting some more specifics, even if it is just 'the thing is stock and we are looking for the cheapest way of sticking the winch on the front' or 'we're starting the build of a rock crawler, and here is what came with the winch.'