Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why are people ignorant

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are people ignorant

i am trying to buy a 1985 4x4 truck for 1200 bucks. rust free body and frame. great truck, it even has efi and a\c. the guy who has it never registered it in his name, after he bought it from the original owner. the dept. of motor vehicles requires the bill of sale between him and he original owner, and he does not have it, said he will have to look at his house for it, and does not know where the guy moved to. just my luck, sooooo close but sooooooooooooooooooooo far. no bill of sale here in La. is a deal breaker. most people, and i say most people, file important papers don't they? oh well, maybe he will find the bill of sale and tomorrow i will be the extremely proud owner of a 1985 solid front axle, fuel injected toyota truck.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member

Damn that sucks. In my line of work, I see that all the time. It's like the people who let their kids jump all over the seats or have their dogs off leash and when something bad happens, they wonder WTF?

Anyways, is the guys name on the title? The one who sold it to you? If not, maybe you can just get a bill of sale with the original owner's name on it. Like if you were buying it from him? Other problem there, is they could get you for back charges on the registration, but maybe you could negotiate those costs off the $1200?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Contributing Member

that would be ok, but the guy signed the title over,and both their names are on it. so now i will have to have the original with both names on it. such a sweet deal, did i say the motor knocks on the lower end. i will do a leak down test and if the upper is good, maybe do the lower end till i get enough for a rebuilt or maybe a swap. 4.3 isn't that the motor that is commonly swapped. look at me. i don't even own it, and i am already doing a motor swap. i will keep ya posted.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

LOL! Ya! and when you do another roll on paint job, take more pics!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:29 PM

He better find it or that truck is only good for parts.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Contributing Member

i hope he finds it. i have been looking for three months, and i have always been a day late. i think most of the 85 trucks are in California. i got to thinking on the way to the bank that the knock could be the timing chain slappin. naa, not my luck.

Last edited by TORTIS; 10-12-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fly out to cali, buy an 85, then drive it back. lol.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

i have thought about it, or even trucking back. i'll find one. all mods would have to wait till my wife gets a job. i have supported her for this last year while she finished her degree, now she can't find a decent job. might have to move to denver and move next door to Djlarroc.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:31 PM

or move to vegas, haha. boomin out here, heard its gonna be as expensive as san diego within the next few years.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
or move to vegas, haha. boomin out here, heard its gonna be as expensive as san diego within the next few years.
oz, you are not kidding. my aunt and uncle were going to move there from colorado, and the cost of housing prevented it. why such the big boom out there?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by tortis
oz, you are not kidding. my aunt and uncle were going to move there from colorado, and the cost of housing prevented it. why such the big boom out there?
cuz everyone is deciding to move here. did you know within the past 5 years that the population has nearly tripled ?
im thinkin once i graduate from ITT and get a comp job, i may move out to colorado. maybe move to boulder, so i can wheel with one of the mods and compete with tippy. . i dunno, im thinkin i want to move somewhere a lil cheaper and less busy... im kind of sick of the big city.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Contributing Member

i with ya. shreveport is 200,000 people and i hate it. colorado is my favorite, but you know what they say about marrying a local girl. i think my wife will be up for moving in two years when our kids start college, or at least have seperate house holds. i love the outdoors (mountains) to much to live here.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 PM

haha. move to pahrump, nv. lots of places to wheel, rust is almost nonexistant cuz its so dry, its MUCH cheaper than vegas, theres no smog, etc.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by tortis
i am trying to buy a 1985 4x4 truck for 1200 bucks. rust free body and frame. great truck, it even has efi and a\c. the guy who has it never registered it in his name, after he bought it from the original owner. the dept. of motor vehicles requires the bill of sale between him and he original owner, and he does not have it, said he will have to look at his house for it, and does not know where the guy moved to. just my luck, sooooo close but sooooooooooooooooooooo far. no bill of sale here in La. is a deal breaker. most people, and i say most people, file important papers don't they? oh well, maybe he will find the bill of sale and tomorrow i will be the extremely proud owner of a 1985 solid front axle, fuel injected toyota truck.
Thats what I have a breifcase for (the vehicles , Birth Certificates etc.) , shoot I got receipts and manuals etc on stuff I have had for 20 years hehe .

Hope you get it straight , maybe a mechanic friend can help you , have your buddy take it in and get the oil changed and then he can file a lien against the money owed and depending on your law there in 60-120 days he can title it in his name and you can buy , had to do that with a motorcycle once because the onwer and title were gone but had been paid for .
Old 10-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

i passed thru montrose colorado this summer and i really liked it. canyons north of town and 14,000 ft mountains to the south. i don't recall seeing any buildings over three stories. my pipe dream..
Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

...............................................UPD ATE...........................................

2nd owner has contacted the 1st owner, and 1st owner is sending a signed bill of sale to 2nd owner, and the soon to be 3rd owner will pick up the truck and and the two bill of sales from 2nd owner this week. hmmmmmm, could this be a dream?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 PM

Sick!!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

won that battle but lost one on pirate. thought i had bought a trans and transfer case, but the SOB won't reply to my pm's, and now there is a post saying that another member wants it. i will take the truck any day.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Victor
He better find it or that truck is only good for parts.
That's not true, but if the title isn't in order when you go to look at something - assume that it will never be in order. Some states are super strict on it.

No title means one of two things:
1) Track down the owner on the title in that state, hope you can find him/her, and hope that they will agree to help you out.

2) get a bonded title - which requires some cash.

I really hate title BS, it doesn't prevent the dishonest people from doing things like getting a registered copy and just signing it themselves, it just prevents honest people from having a hassle free title transaction.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 PM

make a fake call it a day lol

Quick Reply: Why are people ignorant