Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Weasy2k cams installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Weasy2k cams installed!

Afew months ago I got in touch with Johnny aka Weazy2k about his 3vze 256deg cams. After talking on and off about it we finally came up on a date.
We (well he did) came up with some parts that I might want to consider replacing while he was doing the work.

I decided on doing a water pump and new belts, as my T-belt was only 5,000kms old.

So after about a month of anticipation the big day came, monday the 28th of may, I drove up at sea 2 sky tuning hq and Johnny was waiting for me.
We shake hands blah blah blah, he shows me where the work is going to be done, I didn't have much time to shoot the ☺☺☺☺ with him so I had to go shortly after I arrived. Johnny being the awsume guy he is actually drove me to where I had to be.

Now after then I bombarded Johnny with phone calls, pm's and so on, and he always was very very nice and was able to put up with me.
Fastforward to tuesday, I came home to find some new pm's, I check it out and there is VERY bad news!

Im not sure if you can see that, but my passenger side camshaft was CRACKED in TWO places AND one of my cam bearing bolts was stripped out! (I think thats the right part)
Now the VERY infuriating thing is WEST COAST TOYOTA was the last poeple in the engine that far, while they where doing the hg recall a few years back.
So not only did they CRACK my camshaft but they PUT IT BACK IN!
If the peices where to come off in my engine it would have cause major damage and pretty much destruction of my cylinder head.
(more on this later)

So Johnny was able to hook me up with another cam for pretty cheap so I was STOKED on that ( after nearly ☺☺☺☺ting my pants in anger)

Now MORE bad news... My number 2 (or 3 cant remember) cylinder injector tip (boot thing) was cracked off and impeeding the spray, pretty much causing the gas to drip into the chamber.

So he orders the parts from toyota.

Wednesday

Johnny pm's me telling me the toyota lady forgot to order the gas injector washers ( i think) so he wont be able to finish untill later in the day.
Now I want to tell you guys that during this whole day probibly 15pm's and 8+ phone calls where exchanged and every single time he was very nice and answered all my questions in full.

Now its 10:30pm Johnny proceeds to drive 35 mins and PICK me up at my house! Now folks.. that is customer survice!
I get to ride in his 96 tacoma, and let me tell you guys, that thing is FAST!!
you 3.4L guys are lucky!

So now we arrive at the shop, and I get to see my truck. We talk a little, he shows me my broked camshaft ( ) and he starts up the truck. Right off the bad I can tell the truck is running smoother dispite the lumpy idle (which f'in ROCKS!!).

during all the work Johnny cleaned a TON of parts in the tank that I will probibly never see.

So now its like 11:30 and I pull the truck out and say the goodbyes ( after some issues with my alpine deck but thats besides the point ) Right off the bat I notice a difference, the truck pulls harder right from idle right up to 5,000rpm. That was the highest I went tonight as I didnt want to stress anything.

(Johnny also told me I won't see the full performance from these cams untill approx 300kms so the computer can get everything re-tuned.)

At every red light I would turn off my sterio and listin to that lumpy idle, damn it sounds awsume!

So all in all I am VERY impressed with Johnny and his product, I would seriously recommed if you have a 3.0 in your truck (or a 3.4 ) and you want to get some performance or just a better running engine you give him a shout, he does amazing work at an awsume price!

He worked non stop these past two days to make sure I had my truck for tomorrow morning.

I would go back to him for any of my engine needs that is for damn sure.

If I forgot anything I will update this tomorrow, its 12:30 and I am damn tired!

MY TRUCK HAS BEEN WEASY'D

Last edited by Jay351; 05-30-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
awesome ...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Contributing Member

it sure as hell is!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prices?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 AM

Thanks for the kind comments Jay! Sucked to see that core blown like...sucks even more so that they put that back in there.

muddog,
If you want more information:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...t=weasy2k+cams
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...t=weasy2k+cams

They are on sale now for: $380usd shipped and this will last until Sept 1st

Thanks again Jay! FIX that shifter....,dear god that thing can be annoying! Although like we talked about...its a great theft deterrent
Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 AM

Besides the cam, pump, and belts...did you have any other work done? head work, etc?

I'm just curious as my engine approching 268K miles and I figure I'll do everything at once, including the cams

Great review, thanks!

Now I've REALLY gotta start saving the pennies
Old 05-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weaseyed

just to second this post- weasey also dropped me off from his shop to my friend's place in Vancouver, worked around the clock to not only install his awesome cams (have so much more power it's great) but also to paint my rear diff and under the battery where there was rust, change timing belt, water pump, he fixed some wiring on my alternator, and got everything done in record time. I wish I lived even closer so that I could have all my tuning done at sea2sky
top marks and bump for one of the best experiences with my 2nd gen, if you have a second gen this is a trully excellent mod. johnny also told me that when combined with headers that the heat dissipation is so much better that it helps avoid hg difficulties as well. so a trifecta- better speed, better reliability, and, most impt... SOUNDS GREAT!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

Johnny remarked on how his dad liked the sound of my exhaust
I was sitting by the mailbox when I got home today and I just stood outside and listnind to the lumpy idle.. its almost hypnotic! I LOVE IT, makes me smile a giggle like a school girl everytime I fire it up.

I will be sure to go back to johnny for my toyota needs, he is a great guy to work with. Not many mechs like him out there that would work his ass off, not charge for the added time he needed!

Me and Johnny talked a little about you and your rig Taikowaza

Intense

I didnt get anything else done exept a injector boot (broken) and he also cleaned up the parts real nice like!
The 3.0 LOVES to go over 5K now. No problem, im just scared that Im going to get some speeding tickets!!
p.s my shifter rocks! So funny.. theif jumps in.. "Where the hell is reverse!!!"
Give me time to go down there and knock some heads.. like I will be doing at the toyota dealership !

When my friend comes over in the next few days I will get a sound clip from his brand new camera

Last edited by Jay351; 05-31-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

"I just stood outside and listnind to the lumpy idle.. its almost hypnotic!"

I know how you feel.

"I will be sure to go back to johnny for my toyota needs, he is a great guy to work with. Not many mechs like him out there that would work his ass off, not charge for the added time he needed"!

I consider that I got the deal of the century. he's got a client for life

"Me and Johnny talked a little about you and your rig Taikowaza"

do tell

"The 3.0 LOVES to go over 5K now. No problem, im just scared that Im going to get some speeding tickets!!"

I know what you mean- I never wanted to go over 4K before due to knocking, now that is all gone, it seems happiest at high speeds and the whole runner seems to hum in tune at 5k going 90MPH
Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

My rig was idling around 550rpm today, not sure if that is a problem because I LOVE IT! it sounds extra lumpy

Johnny was telling me that since you have headers and whatnot you are feeling the most performance gains from the cams.

Im hoping to get headers but if Johnny ever gets into 3.4L swaps I would be one of the first in line
Old 05-31-2007, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay351
...I got home today and I just stood outside and listnind to the lumpy idle.. its almost hypnotic! I LOVE IT, makes me smile a giggle like a school girl everytime I fire it up.
Im glad Im not the only one who does that!

As far as that cam, I know EXACTLY what the toyota dealership did. They had a relatively new tech doing his first HG and he didnt follow what the TFSM said to do by the book. He just took the camshaft bearing caps off in no general order, thus one of the lifters applys torque to the camshaft, which causes that small metal ring to bind with the bearing cap on the head. Then when the young tech yanks on the cam it goes CRACK!! (Yeah I did that to my cam... ) Lesson learned, follow that FSM to the LETTER and no yanking is needed to remove the cam! Too bad the young tech learned that on your truck To that end, go after the stealership!!

So Weasy2k, when are you going to offer rebuilt shortblocks? *hint hint wink wink nudge nudge say no more!* I dont wanna rebuild my bottom end...lol

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 05-31-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Contributing Member

im going to teh dealership possibly tonight (at work right now) or tomorrow as I have nothing to do.

I really want a new cam or money to cover the costs of the one I had to buy.
although im not telling them how much I paid, I want whatever a brand new one costs.

I treated my truck to its first hand wash in months, she is sparkling, I just need to clay bar, respray some spots on my tailgate and get my fender painted!

Last edited by Jay351; 05-31-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:32 PM

is any head or valve work needed for the cams or are they a direct replacement?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:06 PM

They are a direct replacement; however, they perform even better with exhaust/head mods...

Kat
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

Haha, I need to get a video of this. Everytime I go past 4,000 rpms then shift I hear a nice POP from the tailpipe.. I love glasspacks!

p.s

wumwumwumwumwumwum!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:30 PM

10-4 thanks as always
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 PM

taikowaza, jay & bumpin yota,

Thank you guys for the kind comments! I really get into these things (which gets me trouble here with the GF some times) and dont know what time it is I love engines and am learning more and more about different ways to increase power output for all sorts of toyota engines!

Its always great to do something you love to do and make people happy in the end!

Oh and Jay, I am always looking for the first swap Ide love to get into it!

Bumpin yota,
Actually yes... i plan to start building some blocks here with different head combos which you can choose to buy along with the block as well. That will start to happen later this year as i get some cash flow back from all these parts investments!
I also have a plan to build a fairly impressive 3vz-e just takes some research and i can see what i can do!

These cams will drop right in with the shims provided and then some valve clearance checks afterwards. On average i have to buy 4-7 more shims from toyota to replace some that are too small.

I also possibly will be releasing some higher flowing valves that wont require expensive head work to install, but i respect business who are in the community and dont want to step on any toes so that is still up in the air for me at the moment.

These cams will take any other mod you have installed in your engine and make them preform better then stock. IE: with tim and his ported TB and Intake manifold...stock cams wont allow the added air to do much unless your cams will stay open long enough to completely fill the cylinders as much as possible!

Lots to gain and im not saying this because i sell them...there is enough proof out there now from the responses that im getting!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

I would be interested in a swap for sure bud!
Oh man, the rents would probibly cut off my legs!
HAHAH!!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:36 AM

^ ide say...yea probably would destroy you....

YOur engine is running great when something big goes wrong then upgrade
Old 06-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

Thats what I have in mind, Im gonna run her till she croaks then its 3.4L TIME!

Im hopin' that spark plug is gonna be ok!!

Quick Reply: Weasy2k cams installed!