86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

V6 chain to gear drive t-case question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yotard
If you are just changing the Tcase and not lifting or solid axle swapping it then you don't need a different drive shaft.
I have performed this swap on my 95 Runner. You can reuse the rear drive shaft without any problems. I performed a solid axle swap so not sure about reusing factory front drive shaft. For my swap, I bought the following:

4.7 23 Spline Gear Driven unit with twin sticks from Low Range Offroad. (the case showed up with the twin stick already installed)
Budbuilt Cross-member Part Number CRM-V6-SC
All-Pro Transfer Case Mounted Disc Parking Brake (5200A-AP-KT)
Marlin Crawler HD T-Case Mount Item: MCAR-331

You do have to cut the hook off on the rail. I found out the hard way after removing and reinstalling 3 times. I did not have to perform any modifications to the floor board.
I originally bought a Front Range Offroad Crossmember but it was going to be alot more work to install.

PM me if you would like to see some photos of the swap. I highly recommend going to gear drive with a 4.7. I actually am looking to add a crawl box.

Good luck!
Old 11-12-2020, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfercase swap

Originally Posted by Sm0klnjoe
I have performed this swap on my 95 Runner. You can reuse the rear drive shaft without any problems. I performed a solid axle swap so not sure about reusing factory front drive shaft. For my swap, I bought the following:

4.7 23 Spline Gear Driven unit with twin sticks from Low Range Offroad. (the case showed up with the twin stick already installed)
Budbuilt Cross-member Part Number CRM-V6-SC
All-Pro Transfer Case Mounted Disc Parking Brake (5200A-AP-KT)
Marlin Crawler HD T-Case Mount Item: MCAR-331

You do have to cut the hook off on the rail. I found out the hard way after removing and reinstalling 3 times. I did not have to perform any modifications to the floor board.
I originally bought a Front Range Offroad Crossmember but it was going to be alot more work to install.

PM me if you would like to see some photos of the swap. I highly recommend going to gear drive with a 4.7. I actually am looking to add a crawl box.

Good luck!
hey man could you send pics of your swap? I’ll be doing one in the near future