86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

turn signal not working!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turn signal not working!!

i have a 91 toyota pick up 22re and the turn signals aren't working. i have checked all fuses and replaced one relay by driver side kick panel where the fuses are. turn signal switch is good. if anyone has any other options id like all the help i can get.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:54 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Do your flashers work??

Is the turn signal flasher not working ??

Just why would you replace a relay ?? Just which one did you replace??

All the bulbs burned out.

Physical damage to the wires causing a open circuit
Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 AM

yes if i press the hazard switch it does flash the signal lights. turn signal do not work at all. the indicator arrows to turn left or right do not come on. its the turn signal relay right up above from the fuses down by the kick panel. all bulbs aren't burned out.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Your confusing the flasher with a relay .

Test if your getting voltage to the flasher
Old 07-19-2017, 09:26 AM

Well that relay I swapped i believe is still good. I just put it back. I'm getting voltage. This is the hazard light plug. Could the cut green wire be my problem?
Old 07-19-2017, 09:32 AM

Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Jeff - did the turn signals ever work or is this truck new to you? Not long ago I went through the FSM a little bit because my turn signals were not working. Yours problem a bit different in the sense that your hazards work but signals don't. In my case, neither worked, so I checked the Haz/Horn fuse under the hood, it was good and the horn worked, my turn signals had worked recently but stopped, so I knew not all of my bulbs were likely to have burned out immediately. I pulled the old relay and tested it and it was bad. New relay fixed the problem. In your case I don't imagine the relay would be the issue because hazards work...I don't have the manual here with me, but I'd suspect wiring in your steering column.

I have no idea what that cut wire in your pic goes to, why is the orange connector unplugged? I think this is a pic of your dashboard above your climate controls, the truck looks fairly dismantled, so is this a project truck that you bought all taken apart?

Last edited by coryc85; 07-19-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:52 AM

The orange plug is where the hazard switch plugs into. That cut wire was a hot wire. Someone cut to power lights on a switch panel. I reconnected that green wire that is cut to its original spot and now my turn signals work!! Who woulda thought?!?!
Old 07-25-2017, 08:43 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Glad you got that fixed.
Like I always stress, Toyota components are bullet-proof. Issues arise from poor wiring / assembly / maintenance.