Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

truck got partially submerged

Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck got partially submerged

Ok, went riding some powerlines this evening, just a real quick run with my roommate the jeep rubicon owner. We only brought my truck b/c we werent really planning on riding very far down the line. Went in fine, but were crossing some water thats not more than a foot and a half deep on the way out. Now granted I have crossed this same water at least three dozen times before, including when we entered the trail this evening and nothing happened...just went in and thru it like normal - no big deal...well on the way out i attempted to take it slow and stick all the way to one side, bad idea...my front drivers side wheel slid down into rut and shot my passenger side rear up off the ground...as i worked it back and forth, sawing the wheel in attempt to get the front wheels to bite something it actually chewed up the ground and the front end sank further. During all this my drivers side took on water in the floorboard, not a ton where it crossed the transmission hump or anything. But it did get under my seats and alot up by the pedals. On the way home my dash lights for cruise, and rear anti lock seem to flicker at will, as does the courtesy illumination light by my ignition. Any ideas what has happened and if there is anything i can do asap to remedy these problems before they compound...passenger side never saw any water, it all came thru the door seals on the drivers side....im a bit scared that something is messed up bad, water also blew the drivers side headlight when it slowly leaked into the housing. I am having the carpets and seats shampooed and steam cleaned on monday, possibly sooner if my detailer can get to it this weekend...any help is greatly appreciated... thanks,
Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would just try letting it dry out first, and if the problems still persist investigate further
Old 02-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks....maybe a hairdryer over any electrical.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you proabably should have let it dry before turing on any electrical components, that would have prevented most if not all short circuting. But now I suppose just let it dry out and then see what's not working.