timming belt water pump kit on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-95...spagenameZWDVW

what do you guys think looks good and not bad price
Old 11-06-2007, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
helluva price.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 AM

while this is a decent price, i don't think i'd take the chance. if the timing belt/water pump were easier to get to I can see buying less expensive parts but if the parts are crap and they break, replacing them AGAIN is a major hassle.

just spend the extra money and get Toyota parts.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Contributing Member

That is true to a point. Do that only if you are going to get Yota parts. But if you are planning on going to like Autozone, Napa, etc, just get that kit. That is a really good price and that doesn't always reflect quality. It's a lot cheaper to type an ad into the computer than to pay others, pay rent for a store, etc etc.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

Not to be a jerk but a lot of times you get what you pay for. If you can go back with Yota parts if at all possible that would be the way to go. I have had to go back and replace non yota parts on one of my former trucks. I wish the PO would have done it right the first time.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blurr
while this is a decent price, i don't think i'd take the chance. if the timing belt/water pump were easier to get to I can see buying less expensive parts but if the parts are crap and they break, replacing them AGAIN is a major hassle.

just spend the extra money and get Toyota parts.
True, but if I save a bit and they do last it?s a win win and I have to do it twice anyway, I have a 4runner and pickup that both need it done.

Originally Posted by Djlarroc
That is true to a point. Do that only if you are going to get Yota parts. But if you are planning on going to like Autozone, Napa , etc, just get that kit. That is a really good price and that doesn't always reflect quality. It's a lot cheaper to type an ad into the computer than to pay others, pay rent for a store, etc etc.
I like to go OEM when I have to if its a part only the dealer has, then I get it because to me only the dealer has the ability to make it right, but this kit does not look too bad and they have good feed back for the most part.

Originally Posted by gilby4runner
Not to be a jerk but a lot of times you get what you pay for. If you can go back with Yota parts if at all possible that would be the way to go. I have had to go back and replace non yota parts on one of my former trucks. I wish the PO would have done it right the first time.
You are in no way a jerk and I know I get what I pay for, but if someone can make a good kit for this price then I?m all over it. When I get it and it does not look up to the job then I can send it back. That?s the one thing I love about ebay, I?ve gotten not as they described it and sent it back and got all my money back.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 PM

there's a reason a lot of guys use engnbldr, or similar quality.