Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Thrust washer for wheel bearings.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 04:12 PM
irv

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thrust washer for wheel bearings.

I'm replacing the mangled wheel bearings on an 86 IFS pickup. Anyone know where I can find a thrust washer replacement? It's pictured in this illustration. I have seen a few parts packages from a few different sites like Marlin crawler that include the washer but I'd like to find just the washer. Parhaps it has a part number and can be bought from a Toyota dealership?

Old 04-10-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Toyota dealer.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:02 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Post padder.

90214-42030
Old 04-10-2016, 06:09 PM
irv

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MudHippy
Post padder.

90214-42030

Is there a handy website or book that lists part numbers like this? I always wonder how people are able to just pull out these part numbers so quickly.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:23 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Yes. There's dozens of online resources for part #s. And at least a couple Electronic Parts Catalogs(EPCs) you can download and install on your PC. They're bootlegged copies of the exact same software the dealer has.

The problem is, it takes me less time to just look them up for you. Than trying to tell you how/where they can be found. Installing the EPCs can be next to impossible for someone not fully "computer literate". I may be the only member on this site who's ever installed the pre-96 EPC successfully. Which sucks because it's BY FAR the best source I've got. If you own a pre-96 it's a MUST HAVE. I don't know how you guys survive without it(when I'm not around). And not all online resources are equal. There's pretty much only one that's "beginner friendly" these days.

http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/

That EPC I'm talking about can be found here.
http://www.yankeetoys.org/Docs.htm

As far as I know it can only be installed on windows XP(or earlier). But it was hard enough to install it on XP that I've never dared try with another OS. In fact I keep 2 spare PCs running XP just so I'll always have that EPC available. That and I'm almost as big a computer geek as I am a Toyota freak. So I can't have too many of either.

Last edited by MudHippy; 04-10-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:47 AM
irv

Originally Posted by MudHippy
Yes. There's dozens of online resources for part #s. And at least a couple Electronic Parts Catalogs(EPCs) you can download and install on your PC. They're bootlegged copies of the exact same software the dealer has.

The problem is, it takes me less time to just look them up for you. Than trying to tell you how/where they can be found. Installing the EPCs can be next to impossible for someone not fully "computer literate". I may be the only member on this site who's ever installed the pre-96 EPC successfully. Which sucks because it's BY FAR the best source I've got. If you own a pre-96 it's a MUST HAVE. I don't know how you guys survive without it(when I'm not around). And not all online resources are equal. There's pretty much only one that's "beginner friendly" these days.

http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/

That EPC I'm talking about can be found here.
http://www.yankeetoys.org/Docs.htm

As far as I know it can only be installed on windows XP(or earlier). But it was hard enough to install it on XP that I've never dared try with another OS. In fact I keep 2 spare PCs running XP just so I'll always have that EPC available. That and I'm almost as big a computer geek as I am a Toyota freak. So I can't have too many of either.
Interesting. Thanks for the breakdown and for the links. I can't believe that the bushings and seal I needed were both available on amazon prime! Pretty unusual. I haven't run into any real major problems yet with not being able to find a part at all for my 86. I sometimes resort to asking for a hand on these forums but it seems like the part can usually be found somewhere. Are there any parts that you know of that are now either not manufactured by anyone, are incredibly expensive are just really difficult to find?