86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The surging / Missing 22re

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The surging / Missing 22re

Hi all... Well heres the issue. All started when my fuel pump was goign out so I put in a donor from my other truck... that had a quick life, so I put in a brand new one. on the way home one day I run out of gas and my trucks starts to miss something firece, I fill her up and she keeps running like crap.
So a few days later I put a new fuel pump and filter and still getting issues. I trade in the pump for a new new one and still yet issues... I check the fuel filter again and its super clogged so I replace it. Today being a month later from 2end time I replace the filter I check it again and end up having to replace it.

Some things ive noticed...
*Engine surges when breaks are depressed.
* Got a new TPS but cant seem to adjust it properly... one way no power the other way surges heavy @ idle.
* Break fluid is going somewhere but don't seem to see any on the drums or calipers.
* Every once and a while while im driving my lights will come on (break & battery) ... this interests me cuss before all of this when I would roll p my rear window my truck would miss heavy once it was completely up and still holding the button.
* I can hear the spark in the cap like its not time right some of the time.
* Happens on all cylinders randomly
*Problem goes away for a hour from time to time.
* Truck seems to work great on closed loop (I could just be imageing it)
Ive replaced the TPS, done the timeing, checked for vacume leaks and a bunch of other minor stuff but dont feel like throwing cash at the problem with out just cause.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Mine missed and sputtered when the alternator cooked my battery. Had good volts, but no amps. I would start by checking out the electrical system, grounds, battery and alternator. Bad electrical connections/system affects everything on our trucks.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 PM

Ive been leaning twords electrical. Also put a new coil in there... Not sure if an ignitor would do that. Now heses a stupid question comeing from a 2end year electrical engineering student... How do I test amps on my alt? .... I havnt checked in a little while but when my egine is running I BEALIVE I get 18 odd volts... Over chargeing... what would that cause?

Last edited by IngSoc; 05-10-2012 at 10:54 PM.