Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speakers...

hey everyone,

this may be a question that can only be answered by a few (very few) people. i drive a 1991 Toyota 4Runner 2dr and i'm looking to replace the rear speakers. my question is, is how exactly does one go about replacing the rear speakers? i know how to replace the front speakers by taking the bottom part of the dash off. to me it almost seems as if i would have to take the entire side out from inside the vehicle!?! does anybody know how to do this?

Zach
Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 PM

yea you will probably have to remove the upper trim in the tail gate area on the roof, prolly the rear door sill, then anything over lapping those panels up in the passenger area. youll have to pull the entire panel to get to the speakers.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 PM

ya the whole plastic inside side panel thang its a pain
Old 03-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not really it very easy.... all you do is take a fork or something like that and "pop" the push tabs out and then the back comes right out but you need to take the panel thats in frount of it just the back though it dont need to come all the way out and then you'll find you rworst problem!!! anyone that tried this knows but i dont think you can repalce them unless you make a custom bracket if you want pics of it pm me and ill take pics of me taking mine out i have an 87 runner so i think its the same so if you want pics then pm me with your email and ill send you pics on how to take out the speaker ok man
Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 AM

I dont know about the big differences about the 2door to thr 4door but it wasnt easy, remove the seat belts then drop the tailgate, remove that upper trim that has vents in it. I believe the rest is just poping off the big panels, but be very careful and slow, dont pry from far away from the point its stuck on or youll break stuff. The rears are only pre-amped 4'', I removed my rear cargo holders and put in 6x9s, I would suggest the same unless you use yours. If yours is a lot different then a 4 door sorry for the misinformation