Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Some pics of my truck

Old 12-08-2005, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some pics of my truck

I am kinda new still and decided to post up some pictures of my truck it's a 1991 4wd, 5spd stock except for 31X10.5x15 tires soon to be lifted as soon as my wife is done spending money on X-mas gifts for the family. Took them today our first day of bad weather here.

Here is what the wife drives go figure

I know they aren't the best but my camera is not that good..

Last edited by Lunnzz; 12-08-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like your vehicle choices there. I'd be happy to have either of those in my driveway. Oh btw is the G35 a 6spd?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:23 AM

Yes it's a 05 6spd wife refuses to drive a auto. She wanted everything except sat radio. Gotta get the windows tinted and thats it..
Old 12-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Very cool truck, nice set up. You'll love it even more when you get it lifted.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Both very nice looking. Yea tint will make it look even cleaner.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man thats almost exactly like mine, except mine's black and v6. I have the same wheels too.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:44 PM

Yea I can't wait to lift it I am gonna just use BJ spacers up front and blocks that another member of YotaTech is making me a real sweet deal on. While I am installing the spacers I am gonna put on new BJ, tie rods, idler arm, maybe new pitman arm and a new steering stabilzer and then it's going in for the recall. Only because I called Toyota and they said an alignment is part of the repair if it is required. I am happy with the truck so far under powered but I can live with it..
Old 12-12-2005, 03:16 PM

I would strongly suggest against blocks for the leaf setup. I had them on my 86 runner and they did nothing to help the ride. They can cause excessive axle wrap underpower and ultimately damage your springs as well as premiture wear of the U-joints. If your looking for a bit of lift then get a 2" Body Lift. Price is right, you get both front and rear lift and you can't beat the performance. I would also look at ZUK's spring lift for the rear if you starting to rest on the overloads check here: http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...5&o=14&fpart=1
Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would go with an add-a-leaf, or better yet a custom arched spring pack, for the rear. Yes, blocks are cheaper, but the above options are not really that expensive. Labor to install them is about the same as blocks.

I did an AAL when I lifted my 89 2WD, and never had any complaints, even when it was under heavy load.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by tc
I would go with an add-a-leaf, or better yet a custom arched spring pack, for the rear. Yes, blocks are cheaper, but the above options are not really that expensive. Labor to install them is about the same as blocks.

I did an AAL when I lifted my 89 2WD, and never had any complaints, even when it was under heavy load.
Yea, this is a good option although with a SWB truck you may notice a harsher ride with the AAL, mine is anyway.

The point is that blocks cause added wear to the rear suspension and mechanicals (I am gonna hear it for this one I know ) These other options do not.

THe BL does the least in the way of added wear and also keeps you Center of gravity lower.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:14 PM

Your truck already appears to ride pretty nice and level which means the rear springs are in good shape. In that case I would just go with a body lift if your goal is just to clear larger tires. It is the best riding option. As soon as you start playing with the front suspension components and altering the rear suspension you run into problems or more extreme wear.

AFter you get your body lift done you can cover up the exposed frame rails with a good set of sliders. With a larger set of tires, and a good looking set of tires, plus the fact you haven't screwed around with the front IFS, or the rear leafs with blocks or an ADD a leaf, you will have the best riding, best articulating, most comfortable option, and yet get good, rugged, looks and and rocker panel protection, from the bigger tires and sliders.

Do a grill swap too - to a 92-95 truck grill - I like that grill better (with the Toyota symbol instead of the Toyota written accross it - it's just a straight swap).

The other thing I think would look wicked on your truck is this:
http://www.cap-it.com/web-products/StainlessSteel.jpg

Look at the "TFP Fender accents." I have seen 3rd gen trucks with this fender trim and they look wicked.

My thoughts anyways.

Last edited by CoedNaked; 12-12-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:16 PM

I am not real concerned with clearing larger tires but that will come with lifting the truck. I also thought of getting the 2" or 3" longer shackles and BJ spacers from Roger Brown and then a 2" body lift and leave the truck like that. Yea the truck sits almost completly level so the rear springs are ok I don't really want to replace them now if not needed. I like most of you am on a budget. I really like reading everybody's opinion and thoughts it gives me ideas on deciding which route to take.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:58 PM

Well how much overall lift do you want?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:19 PM

Overall 2" or 3" nothing to extreme I don't plan on doing any rock crawling. Just want something that will give me a bit more ground clearance. I thought about also a 1" BL so if and when I upgrade to 33" tires I won't have any rubbing issues. 33" is the largest size I wanna run.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:58 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunnzz
33" is the largest size I wanna run.
For now ....

As Randomness pointed out on my post... they look smaller and smaller every day...
Old 12-13-2005, 07:33 AM

I am gonna more than likely go with tc suggestion and get a set of AAL for out back hopefully the stock u-bolts will be long enough if not I'll have to get those also Advanced can order the Rancho springs. So my set up will consis of BJ spacers up front, and aal out back I have new Superlift shocks that I am gonna use.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:00 PM

Lunnz, Do you need an add a leaf though? Are you hauling anything heavy? Do you want the harsher ride and lack of articulation because of the extra leaf spring?

This is why I constantly recommend a modest 1-2" body lift for minor lifts just to clear tires. You can keep the entire suspension stock, and keep the proper ride, and you can still clear larger tires. Plus it opens up your options as far as shocks go because your suspension is still stock. And I am not personally a huge fan of screwing with the IFS components, even ball joint spacers I think is too much. A torsion bar crank is one of the worst things you can do. You lose what little articulation you already have with a T-bar crank plus the ride gets worse and worse the more you crank them.

What you need is a RB body lift.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:38 PM

they dont make sedan g35 in 6-speed only coupe
Old 12-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CoedNaked
Lunnz, Do you need an add a leaf though? Are you hauling anything heavy? Do you want the harsher ride and lack of articulation because of the extra leaf spring?

This is why I constantly recommend a modest 1-2" body lift for minor lifts just to clear tires. You can keep the entire suspension stock, and keep the proper ride, and you can still clear larger tires. Plus it opens up your options as far as shocks go because your suspension is still stock. And I am not personally a huge fan of screwing with the IFS components, even ball joint spacers I think is too much. A torsion bar crank is one of the worst things you can do. You lose what little articulation you already have with a T-bar crank plus the ride gets worse and worse the more you crank them.

What you need is a RB body lift.
Coed, where can I find out more about the RB lift you mentioned? I'm also in Vancouver. What's the cost of a 2" BL and where can I get the hardware?

Troy
Old 12-14-2005, 07:48 AM

You can get the sedan in 6spd its part of the Sport tuned suepension package..

Not sure if your serious but here is the inside of my car..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some pics of my truck