86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SFoam/Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SFoam/Injectors

I finally did the Sea Foam yesterday and can feel the difference without a doubt. I used the Brake Booster entry point. First I let it sit for 5 min., then a second time for around 15min. I put the remaining 1/3 pt into the oil and a full can into the gas. I'm planning on changing the oil after around 100 miles with the SFoam in the crankcase. Here's the question? I did the research but couldn't find a definitive answer in regards to changing the spark plugs with the oil change after using the SFoam. It's time to change them anyway but wanted some input in regards to this matter. Sorry if this is somewhere in the archives but I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.
AG
Old 01-11-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I think we covered that in the "big" Seafoam thread.

The bottom line is that the gunk that was on your valves and pistons needs to go somewhere. Most of it will burn off, but undoubtedly some will collect on the plugs.

If you're due for a change anyway, then it's a moot point - change 'em. If you weren't due, then pulling, cleaning and regapping them should be just fine.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by midiwall
Yeah, I think we covered that in the "big" Seafoam thread.

The bottom line is that the gunk that was on your valves and pistons needs to go somewhere. Most of it will burn off, but undoubtedly some will collect on the plugs.

If you're due for a change anyway, then it's a moot point - change 'em. If you weren't due, then pulling, cleaning and regapping them should be just fine.
Thanks Midiwall. I figured as much. Appreciate the patience for something that's obviously been covered so many times before. I was thinking about doing the quick vacum flush once before the oil change as well. Certaintly can't hurt. Late.
AG